Fix That Saggy Ass - Jeep Cherokee Medium Duty Leaf Springs - NIB

twistedfocus1647545489

Bought these about 2 years ago to tow and haul camping stuff but got lazy and just left my clamp-on helper leaves installed.They have been sitting around collecting dust but are as new and uninstalled. They are complete with bushings and U-bolts. The bushings are already pressed in and ready to install.

They are $115 each, plus bushings and u-bolts.

Selling the whole deal (2 leafs and all accoutrements) for $225.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56010_10.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Images/33688/33688-md.jpg

They are supposedly copies of the OEM Up-Country leafs which will typically be around 1" taller than stock and offer a better load rating.

you know, i was just thinking mine sags a little. if i put these on, will it level me out? ill be super pissed if i put these on and my jeep was raked like a farkas vw special.

lmk

So, you have reversed "stance"... Common Cherokee problem (that and highway litter).

These get good reviews for being the right choice for leveling it back out or just a touch higher without the ox-cart ride of HD springs. Obviously, since I never installed them, I can't say for sure. I have heard that some of the very late model Cherokees already have the higher rate springs on them (particularly the Limited and County models) though that may be false. Earlier chassis models should see some lift. I would have been fine with stock ride height anyway so I went for these. Either way I'm confident it would fix sag.

Are your leafs flat or close to flat? If so, you have the sag. Keep in mind the rear flares are about a half-inch or so lower than the fronts, reducing the gap slightly.

• 1 month later...

Alright, I need room and moneys for an Aeromotive 340. $115 for CR Jeep Crew. Get these things at a sweet discount, otherwise they are going on CL and JeepForum where they will be gone quickly. I'd rather see you guys get them cheap than deal with CL retards.

Also, will trade for new 340 pump... :gabe:

Paul did comment how sagged my rear end was. (HAR HAR)

Let me think. I am *kinda* in the market to do my rear suspension, but I know ill probably break the shock mount bolt so I wanna troll meneke into doing it. Probably wouldnt let me bring them my own parts though.

Or I could just do the leafs and let them do the shocks?

I broke off 3 of the 4 upper bolts when I put my Sensa-Tracs on. A little time with a large hammer and a metal rod and I broke the weld-nuts out. Fished some bolts in with some wire and I'm all good now. It was a pain in the ass but not impossible. It was a full day of work, but mostly because mine's a 2001 and by then they were fully welding the nuts on... not just tack welding. That took the majority of the time and effort. Soak them repeatedly with PB beforehand and you might get lucky. If you're not feeling like a shoulder workout, it's probably worth trolling a shop into doing it if you can get it done cheaply.

Check their fuckin' work though.

Also, there is a possibility of breaking the bolts for the leafs, so I bought 2 OEM leaf spring bolts just in case that would be included (assuming they are still in the U-bolt box, and I think they are). I tend to over-plan.

Also, if you have access to a welder, you can simply weld a spare set of stock rear swaybar mounts in their place. They happen to be exactly the right size to be used as bar-pin eliminators. It adds some extra travel as well. For that matter, if you decide to do that, I'd probably ditch the rear swaybar on purpose and use your own OEM mounts. The upcountry Cherokees eliminated the rear swaybar anyway.

Lullzy. Fuck all that shit :dumb:

Ill have a shop do it before I go through that trouble. I like working on my own shit, but I pick my battles. I can't have my DD down for days on end. Ill think on the springs still. I may be able to do those on on my own, but prob not the shocks.

Springs shouldn't be that bad. Shocks, on the other hand can suck balls. Some people get lucky though.

Also, unless you have a very serious impact I'd recommend a long breaker bar for the leaf spring bolts. If you soak them liberally in PB it shouldn't be that big of a deal though.