2 speeding tickets in less than 3 months...WTF!

Putty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has always worked for me. My only supplement to that rule is if you're in some smaller town that has their own cops, I try to stick to no more than 5 over. It's my belief (and this has been backed up my many cop friends of mine) that those guys don't have as much going on (as compared to say CPD), so they are far less lenient of speeders.

^^ this and beware of sherrifs in the small towns too. I see them a lot in little 35mph towns that are located in the middle of a 55mph two lane road. They either nail you entering the 35mph zone or in the 55mph area just outside as most people enjoy getting up to speed once they cross through the town.

Its not as much a big deal at Great Lakes crossings because they're fewer, but on borders with Canada where there are no water bodies, the speed limit drops from XX to 35 within a mile of the border. My dad got nabbed there on our way to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

You clearly have not spent very much time driving I71 in BFE.

+1

I know they work that road hard, I just don't buy the 72 in a 65 ticket unless he was giving a break on the speed for whatever reason or something you said or did pissed him off. Just my opinion.

^^ this and beware of sherrifs in the small towns too. I see them a lot in little 35mph towns that are located in the middle of a 55mph two lane road. They either nail you entering the 35mph zone or in the 55mph area just outside as most people enjoy getting up to speed once they cross through the town.

*cough* South Bloomfield *cough*