Ford 8.8 Differential Cover/Girdle opinions?

hpfiend

Hey all-

Are these worth what they cost? I put one on my old fox but dunno if it was worth it other than the handly fill hole. Thinking about adding to a 31 spline 3.73 Trak-lok setup with carbon fiber clutch pak installed behind a th350 auto. I have not welded the axle tubes yet as I have not found a reliable source yet as to the proper method - I was going to try that maybe when I welded the 9" ends on once the car gets fast enough to require them.

A lot of folks run the T/A girdles but I have had the Jegs brand work fine. I know UPR has one out but its retarded expensive and I have not heard anything bad or good......

I am talking to a guy down south today about possibly building my rear, I will let you know how it goes.

Well I just got off the phone with TA performance asking then what the theory behind the girdle design was.

By using a 1" thick flange instead of an 1/8" or so it is supposed to prevent the twisting of the center housing- the bolts are supposed to put light pressure on the main caps to prevent them from twisting as well and in addition to studs for the main cap bolts it just helps to keep everything in place.

Sooo welded and braced axle tubes with arp main cap studs would render the chunk of aluminum useless but for a fill hole???? Gary is out of town till Monday but I will ask him then as well and report back.

Well I just got off the phone with TA performance asking then what the theory behind the girdle design was.

By using a 1" thick flange instead of an 1/8" or so it is supposed to prevent the twisting of the center housing- the bolts are supposed to put light pressure on the main caps to prevent them from twisting as well and in addition to studs for the main cap bolts it just helps to keep everything in place.

Sooo welded and braced axle tubes with arp main cap studs would render the chunk of aluminum useless but for a fill hole???? Gary is out of town till Monday but I will ask him then as well and report back.

ARP makes main cap studs