Wx: WINTER 2011/2012 Forecasts

GSXRAntwon

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You called it correctly, Trish:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/iln/afos/clicmh

1.3 inches of snow fell, but nearly all of it melted, leaving only a trace accumulation according to the NWS:

SNOW DEPTH T

But I'll still concede the bet. I bet that there wouldn't be any measurable snowfall, and obviously snow did fall. There will possibly be more Friday night, too.

I'll pay off with the car wash, Jeffro, and I'll even give you the option of the original $20, since you mentioned that you weren't really keen on getting your car washed.

Jeffro, what's your prediction for tomorrow?

hoping the latest NAM run was an outliar. It projected only a dusting for our area, and several inches for michigan.

The majority of the runs the past 2 days have given us a general t-1" south of 70, 1-2 northward with possible 3" up in delaware/marion.

Mixing is not going to be a problem, so that will not cut down on totals.

So watching the radar and there is a front moving south over the lakes and one moving north east. If we get lucky the moist air will hit the cold air and we'll get a lot of snow. Right now the baro is holding at just over 30. If that drops when the two fronts come together we'll get a lot of snow but if it holds we won't get much.