Woot-Off 12/6

jeffro

Dyson vac now

wow that Dyson is a heck of a deal.

Those Dyson vacuums are the biggest pieces of shit I have ever encountered. You couldn't give me one of those [severely over-priced] turds. It's amazing what a fancy accent and advertising will do for a product. :dumb:

Those Dyson vacuums are the biggest pieces of shit I have ever encountered. You couldn't give me one of those [severely over-priced] turds. It's amazing what a fancy accent and advertising will do for a product. :dumb:

CR resident vacuum expert? Woulda thought it'd be a lady :gabe:

Oh? I did not know that. I had borrowed my firms Dyson upright for years. It took a beating and was still the best vacuum I have ever used. This past summer I purchased a newer version of that Dyson (DC33) and it has been amazing. Works flawlessly on everything I use it on.

:gabe:

CR resident vacuum expert? Woulda thought it'd be a lady :gabe:

My mom recently bought one (and promptly returned) of the top-shelf 'Animal' models. I was tasked with putting it together for her and testing it out. It's chinsy plastic and barely picked up any dog hair at all.

My mom recently bought one (and promptly returned) of the top-shelf 'Animal' models. I was tasked with putting it together for her and testing it out. It's chinsy plastic and barely picked up any dog hair at all.

Maybe you guys got a lemon? I use my step-mom's old, beat-to-shit one and it works awesome. Sucks those pooch hairs right off a cloth Volkswagen seat. :masturboy: Or they could have gone downhill like most else.

Maybe you guys got a lemon? I use my step-mom's old, beat-to-shit one and it works awesome. Sucks those pooch hairs right off a cloth Volkswagen seat. :masturboy: Or they could have gone downhill like most else.

Either you guys are easily impressed, or I expected more out of a $600+ vacuum. The head on the thing was nothing special at all; just a simple brush. I will admit that the suction was pretty good, so I'm inclined to say it's more d/t it's piss-poor agitation of the carpet. The hose attachment was a PITA to use as well. She has a central house vac that works excellent, however, it's a PITA for her to drag 30+ feet of hose around, not to mention, it beats the shit out of the walls.

I also think you could be on to something in that the quality has probably gone downhill with increasing popularity and production. To me, it was cheap-ass plastic and not what I expected for $600.