Hey Ducati lovers!

NinjaNick

the 1098R is an 1198 motor...just in case there was any confusion. :)

Uh, no.

The 1098R has some trick rods and pistons and such. Not what is found in the 1198. Now, the 1198 is a great bike as they found some power and such, but the 1098R has a LOT of internal engine differences than a stock 1198 does...

Plus, the 1098R has a TRUE traction control system that is MUCH closer to the real stuff they use in WSBK with the pick ups on the rotors and sensors that actually indicate wheel speed and related info.

The R is worth the money to a degree, but considering it is at least $40k base, you can build a pretty damn good GSXR1000 for that...

Uh, no.

The 1098R has some trick rods and pistons and such. Not what is found in the 1198. Now, the 1198 is a great bike as they found some power and such, but the 1098R has a LOT of internal engine differences than a stock 1198 does...

Plus, the 1098R has a TRUE traction control system that is MUCH closer to the real stuff they use in WSBK with the pick ups on the rotors and sensors that actually indicate wheel speed and related info.

The R is worth the money to a degree, but considering it is at least $40k base, you can build a pretty damn good GSXR1000 for that...

sorry there postcop...the 1098R displaces 1198 cc, just like the 1198 motor, but not like the 1098s, or 1098.

Why's it fucking matter? Geesh. 1198 is cheaper than a 1098R anyways. So, I'd rather OWN a 1198. My own gawd damn opinion. Shit, quit e-flexing and have a casual conversation already.

Sorry, I'm just tired of people attacking eachother on the board. Carry-on.