Pickups Plus

Smokey

I took my wife's TL in to have a Viper Smart Start installed for her for Christmas. Everyone there was great to deal with, very up front, and they were even able to work with my schedule so that I could have everything installed without my wife knowing.

Thanks again to Kyle, Justin, and all of the guys at PPC.

I took my wife's TL in to have a Viper Smart Start installed for her for Christmas. Everyone there was great to deal with, very up front, and they were even able to work with my schedule so that I could have everything installed without my wife knowing.

Thanks again to Kyle, Justin, and all of the guys at PPC.

:) You'll love it. Did you get the iPhone/SmartPhone Version? I had them put it on my Fusion Sport and it's great. Can start the car from anywhere so long as the car and your phone have cell service. Even tracks your parking spot.

There's a $100 rebate on this now too. http://www.directed.com/freeprize/Rebate2.aspx

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/130482078/original.jpg

[url=http://www.directed.com/freeprize/Rebate2.aspx][/url]

Edited by TTQ B4U
added rebate link

^^They will not install on a manual transmission car.

Why? There's no difference when using a Smart Phone interface vs the standard remote start.

Even Viper supports installing remote start systems on manual transmission vehicles. The systems requires the car be parked in Neutral and the E-Brake Engaged. My friend had it on his R32 and it worked fine.

Glad to hear the it worked out for you. We certianly appreciate the business!

^^They will not install on a manual transmission car.

Yes, it is simply a company policy. Over the last few years Viper has incorporated being able to do the installs on manual vehicles. We did a few when they first came out and you really have to educate the consumer on how it works and it they can be a pain. They are a little more labor intensive and if something fails, there is a window for something bad to happen. In the end, we are a business and it simply makes more business sense for us to avoid the manuals than it does to do them....

Yes, it is simply a company policy. Over the last few years Viper has incorporated being able to do the installs on manual vehicles. We did a few when they first came out and you really have to educate the consumer on how it works and it they can be a pain. They are a little more labor intensive and if something fails, there is a window for something bad to happen. In the end, we are a business and it simply makes more business sense for us to avoid the manuals than it does to do them....

I don't blame you guys for that outlook on it. When we talked about this last year, you were very helpful. Reality creates a frown.

No joke, I dont get upset often but last year we had a customer drop off a manual and he failed to tell us it had a remote start on it. To make it even better, it wasnt hooked up properly. It was parked in the back lot and one of the guys was getting ready to pull. I was walking across the lot to another vehicle and the right combination of buttons got pushed and the car was in gear. Long story short, I about got ran over.....I can only imagine if something like that happened in a walmart parking lot and a kid got ran over.

:) You'll love it. Did you get the iPhone/SmartPhone Version? I had them put it on my Fusion Sport and it's great. Can start the car from anywhere so long as the car and your phone have cell service. Even tracks your parking spot.

There's a $100 rebate on this now too. http://www.directed.com/freeprize/Rebate2.aspx

[url=http://www.directed.com/freeprize/Rebate2.aspx][/url]

I didn't know about the rebate, but looking into it I notice that they offer this stipulation "Purchase a Viper or Directed SmartStart GPS system at a retail price of $299 or higher AND a 3-year SmartStart GPS PREMIUM service plan at $239"

I bought the 3 year plan, but it was only $120....so I guess we know where that extra $100 rebate is coming from. No hard feelings on my side though, it's like getting the rebate up front.

I got the smart phone version so we wouldn't have 2 damn key fobs which is annoying, and because my wife works at Chase where the parking lots are HUGE and likely out of distance of a normal remote starter.

I got the smart phone version so we wouldn't have 2 damn key fobs which is annoying, and because my wife works at Chase where the parking lots are HUGE and likely out of distance of a normal remote starter.

Yep, the distance is what made me get one. Inside Sam's club one day with my GXP and it's factory starter wouldn't reach. :fuuuu:

Just keep in mind, there are occasional issues where it can't connect to the car. I've had maybe 2-3 instances this year that for some reason "can't establish communication" or something like that comes up. Otherwise, works great.

I didn't know about the rebate, but looking into it I notice that they offer this stipulation "Purchase a Viper or Directed SmartStart GPS system at a retail price of $299 or higher AND a 3-year SmartStart GPS PREMIUM service plan at $239"

I bought the 3 year plan, but it was only $120....so I guess we know where that extra $100 rebate is coming from. No hard feelings on my side though, it's like getting the rebate up front.

I would have to go back and look but iirc, you got one of the standalone SmartStart sytems which is why your service plan was cheaper. The rebate is on the GPS version which is only done as an add on to a current remote start system. The service plans are also a little more on the gps version since it does tracking and all that stuff as well.