looking for info on 09 gtr's

BDHG940

Been looking at the gtr's for awhile and I know they had the issue with the trans/launch control. Should I completely stay away from the 09's or what are things to look out for on them? I have been doing a little research and wanted to see if anyone on here had any useful info on them

I was worried about that, do you happen to know if it was trans issues or more than that? Found a nice 09 I was trying to work a deal on but knowing so many people have talked about the 09's, I didnt want to just jump into it. I haven't researched it enough and don't want to learn the issues when its too late and I own it

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php

Probably find more info about GT-R's here than on CR.

I would recommend a 2010 with LC2 over a 2009.

Ill check that out, I just figured I'd post here to see what I could come up with or hope someone else has researched and found info as well. I just don't want to get into a car with too many known issues and if I have to wait for a 2010 and the right deal I will. I just found an 09 that was priced right, color I like and was thinking about it.

I thought the later models simply have software to fix the trans issues from the 1st model year

please confirm if that is the case, OP....if it is so, there's no reason to not buy an '09 and just flash the transmission software (at dealer or on your own)

aside from the transmission problems, the later cars updated engine software for more power

Do it Chad!!

But just to be safe, stay away from the '09. As a rule of thumb, stay away from any first year model run.

Im going to clean up the m6 and get it listed on some forums and ebay to see if I can get anyone interested. I've been looking at the gtr's for awhile and I do love the m6 but Im bored with it. I want something I can mess around with and do want to stay with an automatic. Might just try to see what action I can get on the m6 first now and then see what happens. Im not going to trade it in and get bent over