PAC OEM - work on Bose?

caseyctsv

Has anyone used the PAC OEM adapter to add a sub to a stock system by Bose? The PAC website says it is not designed for use with the Bose system but it appears several people on a couple of forums have indicated it works just fine.

Here is the product:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=563&CategoryID=28

Based on the way the product works I am not sure why it being a Bose system would impact it at all but strange how they specifically exclude that system.

I can call the company directly but figured there had to be a car audio buff or 2 on here that may know.

Does your amp have line level inpits? Did you just tap the signal lead before the stock amp?

School me - how did you add it?

I have a Rockford Fosgate amp and 10" sub I want to add. It is certainly not high end but sounded good in the GTI I had a couple of years ago.

After doing a little more reading and looking at my amp - it has speaker level inputs. There does not seem to be any significant advantage in converting the stock signal to RCAs to go to the amp. When I had it installed before they indicated I needed the convertors so I assumed it was needed. May just try this install.