Smartphone Gurus - Plz come in.

ImUrOBGYN

Well, it's time to upgrade my phone. I reall don't know much compared to many of you when it comes to a smartphone. I've wittled my choices down to these I'll list below due to availabiltiy, price, etc. I'm currently with Sprint.

What would you choose and why and/or what would you definitely stay away from and why?

I use my phones for just about everything. But not any one thing in particular. So, again please list any reasons for your choices. Also, I will answer any questions if it'll help you help me. ;) Please, no fanboy fights, etc. Thanks in advance everybody.

------------------------------------------

APPLE

iPhone 4 8GB - $99

HTC

EVO 3D - $99

EVO Design 4G - $99

EVO 4G - $99

SAMSUNG

Nexus S 4G from Google - $99

Epic 4G - $99

If you want my input on the iPhone feel free to call and discuss. Otherwise your thread will go down in flames between the whole debate. I'm happy to help ya bud.

Regardless, I would suggest going to 16gb most strongly. Even my wife who is a low power user of her iPhone comes close to maxing out her 8gb one with pics, songs, vids, games and apps. Especially since the newer ones have nicer cameras and what not.

You may initially think "not me" but trust me, once you begin using one, you'll use it more and more. I'm good with a 16gb iPhone and I do power use it.

I've had most of the best high end android/google phones and loved them from an ease of operation and freedom of use aspect, but the battery life tends to suck on most of the high end droid phones. I just switched to the iPhone 4s and so far so good. It doesn't really seem to do anything that just blows me away but it does everything reliably so far and seems to have the best battery life of any phone I've ever had.

so youre just gonna leave us hanging like that?

I hope you chose an iphone 4. its camera is far superior than any other phone you listed.

I know it has a good one. You won't believe this, but Tim talked me out the iPhone. Sounds crazy? Actually, he did it inadvertently by convincing me how much more awesome the iPhone 4s was and that the 8gb iPHone 4 just wasn't as good. I could no longer settle for the iPhone 4 8gb and the iPhone 4s was $100 so no iPhone.

not locking unti you say what you decided on

so i'll give my input. those are all last gen phones, but out of them i would go nexus s. I have an og evo and love it, but the nexus is the google phone so it wins out every time

Haha. I had a feeling I couldn't get out of here without saying it. I got the EVO 3D. Hard to beat for the price. The Nexus S was a really close one for me, though.

The EVO 4g is one of the most solid phones ever made. Just my opinion though.

I decided on the EVO 3D 4G since it's basically an updated EVO 4g. They're not quite the same, but EVO 4g ended up not being available currently helping my decision even more.

love my thunderbolt...

This woulda been a consideration but I couldn't justify the xtra cash.

I've had most of the best high end android/google phones and loved them from an ease of operation and freedom of use aspect, but the battery life tends to suck on most of the high end droid phones. I just switched to the iPhone 4s and so far so good. It doesn't really seem to do anything that just blows me away but it does everything reliably so far and seems to have the best battery life of any phone I've ever had.

I know battery life can be an issue with the androids, but I find it's not really an issue for me. Also, I see you mentioned the 4s. I commented on that above.

I'm guessing you probably chose whatever one was the easiest to mug somebody for.

I would've gone with a heavy duty motorola for that. One that handle shock and being submerged. With a smartphone, you get xtra life battery, rip open the case, replace it with a normal life battery and a lever spring operated 4in blade. Just like the one in my old black boots. :fuckyeah:

you made the right choice

out of all the phones listed, the 3D is the only one NOT outdated

besides the camera, it has basically the same specs as the new Galaxy Nexus.

Yes, I realize that, too. Like I was telling someone else on here, though, by the time I usually get a new phone, even one that's a year old is faarr better than my current one. lol I would've probably been happy with any of those. The EVO 3D 4G and the Nexus seemed to be on many top 10 lists, as well. I may've said that already...

I bought the iPhone 4 in a pinch, like the camera, and that was bout it. Finally got back to my EVO4G and I am a happy camper again. I do know I'll miss the battery life though. That would be my only real complaint with the EVO vs. The iPhone.

I bought the iPhone 4 in a pinch, like the camera, and that was bout it. Finally got back to my EVO4G and I am a happy camper again. I do know I'll miss the battery life though. That would be my only real complaint with the EVO vs. The iPhone.

My girlfriend had the extended battery on hers. It looked surprisingly less awful than I thought it would, and it lasted for days. I was a little disappointed in the EVO 3D, I thought you could make the screen 3D at all times, not just for the camera/movies.