My opinion of some dealers

kzz21

...usually a couple people a week who say they left honda east because noone ever talked to them. my buddy went in with cash in hand to buy an orange 08 busa, noone talked to him for 30 min...

You know, I don't think that is all that uncommon. When I was looking for a bike, I saw the same thing everywhere I went. You'd think the checkbook in the back pocket would be a clue. Yes, cash if I saw what I wanted. And seldom would anyone want to sell a motorcycle. I bought used instead, I like used motorcycles.

I have never bought a brand new bike either, my 05 gs500f was a year old with 1300miles on it, my SV (i just got plain screwed on) was a few years old, my 06 R6 was a year old with 1100 miles on it.

this guy has money, lol, he has like 3 or 4 grand into that busa now. and im not sure if he put money down for a new vmax or not, not sure if it was him.

we stride to say hi, at the least, to everyone who walks in the door. noone, unless were CRAZY swamped, gets past the top stair in our parts department without getting a "hey, hows it goin". i sound like a wal-mart greeter at work, lol. even if im talkin to someone at the counter, ill make sure i say it to anyone who walks in.

granted some places, like Honda East, there parts counter is at the opposite end of where you walk into parts, so its hard to see everyone who walks in, so they should have someone walking around. I havent been in there in a year, year and a half.

Edited by ICEMAN

Now I needed a bike quick. I went to state 8, some big deal advertised sale. They say they match prices. BS,,,, I've tried this place several times before, but never purchased. After the manager came over and told me (4 TIMES) he did not want to sell me a bike at a good price (same $ as another dealer) unless I purchased a bunch of accessories I left. I called the next day and talked to the manager, he was suppose to call back, HE NEVER DID. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE, THEY SUCK!

I've also had issues with them. I went with a friend to get him a bike there... while i was out browsing my friend had already made a deal to buy a shadow there, they charged him 5k for bike that kbb said was worth 3500 at a dealership...they threw in a free jacket (woohoo)... I tried to tell my friend he was getting ripped off, but he just got mad at me so I shut up...his loss...:broke:

Edited by magley64

I have some magical beans I'd like to sell to your friend.

are they low mileage beans? he might bite... he payed 5k, plus tax, title, whatever other fees...

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2003/honda/vt750dc-shadow-750-spirit/238238

Edited by magley64