computer peeps

wnaplay1647545503

Messing with an old laptop I have had, one that I asked about last year when I was having issues. It says I am missing a ntldr. When I attempt to recover it with the os disk (windows xp) it says it did not find hard disk drives. Its a sata hard drive which I do have an old one from another brand laptop that works (in other laptop worked when pulled havent tried reinstalling to still verify) and is also sata but it doesnt work either and gives me the same message. Any suggestions? Could both be bad, any reason this second drive wouldnt work, could it be something else? Also it does show a harddrive in bios.

My powercord is about shot. I am waiting to see if I can actually get this thing going before ordering a new one. It will work but you cant move it when its on, keep that in mind. Steve where do you work at? The laptop is a Lenovo 3000 n200. I am thinking the harddrive as well but shouldnt the second harddrive work?