Serious Question

DavidBaustert

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. I'm n/a. You're built/boosted, yes? Lemme get on your level and build/boost mine. Then we can compare e-penis'. :)

I paid $2500 for my complete motor swap and trans. Dirty cheap, yes, but if you wait, you can find what you need.

Are the coupes really ~100-200lbs lighter than the hatchbacks?

Oh, and dyno numbers are dyno numbers. Lemme go put my car on SlowMo's dyno real quick and add an extra 50whp. I'll never get my panties in a bunch about dyno numbers. Track is where it counts.

I was just messin with ya bud, no need to get your panties in a bunch. I'm not built, just a fresh bottom end (bearings, rings, hone). Stock head, just milled, no aftermarket valve springs or valves, just drop in HKS cams. By all means, build and boost your car, and watch this garbage ass sheet metal fall apart around it. These chassis are really sketchy even for being as old as they are. The coupes are quite a bit lighter than the hatch's (mainly because the hatch is so heavy). I haven't been to the dyno yet with this setup, but the tune in my car is from a built motor I did for a customer with a 2871r, which is a slightly smaller charger by about 50whp worth of air flow. That particular car made 407 whp non SAE corrected (dyno dynamics numbers, add ~18% for dynojet numbers-Precision, Collettis, Dyno Brian and a few other shops use these). We use Jim's dyno dynamics portable dyno at Quick Rev which like I said reads lower, so if you wanted to compare numbers to numbers I guess that might be closer? I stuck with the SR because I know them very well, and their capable of making the kind of power I wanted on pump gas, for not a whole lot done, although a 4.8L crank and bored 6.0L block might arrive at my house someday in the near future, but it will not go in this chassis, or any other Nissan S chassis for that matter. I'm graduating with my BS in May and looking into applying to grad school also, so no major projects will be happening until then, except maybe a 4l60e behind the SR.