stainless steel cleaning/correcting.

evan9381

ive got a big stainless steel grill ive had for a couple years. theres already a couple spots of oxidation/surface rust/discoloration.

whats the best thing i can use to correct these areas and get it all looking good again? i brought it in to the house so i can work on it inside instead of being out in the cold trying to do stuff, but would like to find something sooner rather than later so i can get it covered back up and put into the garage

thanks

Is it just surface, without any pitting? If so you could just try a rag and oil, or something like CLP gun cleaner. Rubbing that stuff all over it would help protect it in the future as well.

If it's deeper, do like above and use high grit sandpaper, though that will give a brushed look if it already is polished.

You need to season them like you would cast iron. The surface will be naturally non-stick.

What? im talking about the outside body of the grill...are we on the same page or am i just not understanding you? ive never heard of seasoning SS...the grates, yes, but not the body

Nope, we aren't. I meant the grates.

BUT, if you season the outside, food won't stick to it. My statement still holds true.

:dumb::dumb:

but really, i know from what i see on here you're pretty bright, so i thought there was a slight chance i was just completely lost :lolguy: