Great Dane/Lab mix

blue98ls1

We have a young (slightly less than 1 yr old) Great Dane/Lab mix up for adoption. He is up to date on all shots. Micro-chipped. Neutered. And we have all records since we bought him as a puppy.

He has been primarily outside with the exception of being crate trained. He has never been in the house for long periods of time and will need house broken if you decide to keep him inside. He is one of the sweetest dogs. Loves kids. Gets along well with both our Husky mix and Chihuahua. He does chase cats (in play) and wants to play with small animals so caution should be used when allowing him around small animals. I don't think he would ever intentionally hurt something, but he is a large dog and wants to play with everything and doesn't know when he is being too rough.

The only reason we are seeking to re-home him is because he has to be tied up in our yard due to being able to jump our chain link fence. We have had problems with people coming into our yard and freeing the dog down to the point of them cutting the harness off the dog multiple times. We have looked into putting in a new fence, but at this point due to a lot of extra stress in our lives he needs to go somewhere that he will have more space to play and with someone that will have more time for him.

He knows basic commands (sit, stay, come, walk, shake), is good in a car, and loves going for walks.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x123/wannarace928/C360_2011-09-0908-01-28.jpg

Did someone untie him again?

The last time they untied him the security camera I set up magically went offline during the same time he was let go. Even though it had not failed prior to that or since then. If they want to let him go now they need to come with big ass bolt cutters to get him off of the chain.

I don't really want to see him tied up either which is why we have decided to re-home him. Our neighbor has looked into the costs of making the fence taller as she loves the dog as well, but its going to be fairly expensive and yet another project I don't need right now. Not to mention all of the what if's. Too stressed out from everything else. :fuuuu: