Licking County - Traditional Church Services?

nurkvinny

We've been trying different churches around Pataskala / Granville. To be blunt, I'd like to find a place that focuses on teaching and explaining topics to my family vs. putting on a concert for 30 minutes then having a 30 minute sermon.

I did not grow up in a church, so I do not know what to expect and do not know what my real options are. But, watching 6 people stand on stage and play instruments and sing is not what I am after.

I have heard that some places offer an early morning traditional service prior to the more modern, concert style.

Can anyone recommend a more traditional service near Pataskala?

Thanks.

What denomination? Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian?

Oddly enough I was doing a comparison on these three versions of Christianity today, it might help you to decide what type of church is right for you and your family. I'll pm you the link later. ( I am agnostic, you may look into a non denominational church for less show, more religion kind of atmosphere)

What denomination? Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian?

I am not tied to any denomination.

I seem to get more from downloading sermons from the internet and listening to religious radio programs than I do from actual churches. But, I am not ruling anything out and see the benefits to having my kids involved in a church.

I go to Westerville Christian Church kinda far But well worth it We Changed churches 2years ago from are church we got Married in are old church was just full of Drama and my son was the only one in his class and all they had him do was color plus they didmostly Old School teaching We love are new church and my son loves it also

Centenary United Methodist in Granville offers both the traditional service and the more contemporary service like you mentioned. My wife and I both liked the pastor there.

If that's the one on the corner with hardy any parking, my wife tried that one last year and. seemed to like it.

I go to Scriptural Study Groups of Central Ohio which is off Cherry Bottom road off Morse. Been going close to 11 years now and love it. It's a non demoninational group that just basically teaches you how to study and read the Scripture yourself as well as more indepth teachings. It's a pretty no BS sorta place.

Sundays at 10:30 AM is the main service, open to all.

http://www.ssgco.org/

Probably will catch some flak for this:

http://uuce.net/covenant/

Disclosure: I'm an agnostic. I subscribe to the principles of all religions and the restrictions of none. I'm not UU but someone I was very close to was, and she helped me see the value in religion where before I thought there was none.

I was born into a hyper-Catholic family from Portugal but my parents, like me, hated the overbearing governance of religion in their lives. They raised me and my sister going to a Congregationalist church, of which there seem to be a few in your area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&gs_upl=5945l6894l1l7069l9l8l0l0l0l0l270l1164l0.5.2l7l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=643&wrapid=tlif132675941452110&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=congregationalist+church+pataskala&fb=1&gl=us&hq=congregationalist+church&hnear=0x883868c4f7291ec9:0xd4516c24cfc38d6,Pataskala,+OH&ei=Bb4UT8qqGI7Ytwenoq1N&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAUQtgM