Digital RPM Gauge, working design complete!

12oclocker

Updated the firmware, now it can work for 2stroke or 4stroke engines, by setting a jumper or flipping a switch, the screen now updates every 500ms, and shows the RPM reading for the last 1sec of sampled data, data is sampled every 500ms, and it uses the last 2 samples for calculations. screen scan is still 5ms. This gives a faster screen response but still maintains smoother readouts

I wrote a new firmware version yet again, which instead of sampling how many pulses that occur over a given period of sample rate time, it actually measures the distance in microseconds between 2 pulses, doing thousands of calculations per second. this drastically increases the stability and gives dead on accuracy without ANY floating at all! It also allows the display to update Instantaneously if desired, unfortunately for me the firmware is now incredibly more complicated. which is probably why most people who design RPM meters don't do this, but it is a far superior way to do the calculations if you have a microprocessor that can handle it. I spent about 40hrs or so on this firmware version.