Good idea or bad idea?

V8 Beast

I don't know where to start. I own all the cars you mentioned (except a TA and a supercharged CTS-V) and I have a plan for a CTS-V wagon for much later this year. I do know that, personally, if I would to get a '10+ Mustang GT, I would get one with a manual transmission (plus Brembo brakes and 3.73 gear).

Here is my take on it... and why I started my own wwcrd

Track Duty (as is)

TA - 8

5.0 - 5

CTS - 6

Daily Driving

TA - 4

5.0 - 7

CTS - 8

Future modability

TA - 7

5.0 - 8

CTS - 8

Comfort to speed ratio

TA - 5

5.0 - 7

CTS - 8

Affordability

TA - 9

5.0 - 7

CTS - 3

Maybe I should sell the edge and force my wife to make it her daily driver. J/K, I'm done with making payments for anything thats not mid life crisis worthy..

tl;dr

CTS-v and daily it. Make the wife drive the "Family/tow/coaching stuff" vehicle.

from the looks of your list the Cts-v wins but you just don't want to pay for it. To me it looks like you would grow tired of a stang in short time because it has no passion to you

Dont get me wrong, Ive test drove these enough to where dealers tell me not to come back. Im true to my fun car, if I get the stang it will be "my car".

Ive also never dropper over $30k on a newish car like the cts... I didnt have a lot of money growing up so Im naturally a penny pincher. I cant bring myself to justifying a purchase that high yet.

well have you looked into a restomod car then? say a 69 camaro with a ls swap? 30k should get you a nice car

There are about 100 different models I could get for that much. I even found a viper. Of the cars in that range the newer 5.0, older C6, and keep what I got have been the conclusion.

Im going to see if the guy will trade me cars for a week to help me make the final call.

I didnt have a lot of money growing up so Im naturally a penny pincher. I cant bring myself to justifying a purchase that high yet.

To quote one of my favorite professors when I was in college, "it depends where you want to put your money".

This mindset is arguably the biggest hurdle (if exist) in getting a luxury item and is a very commendable trait which most people don't have. If you are following this route, please be aware that there is also that cliche "a penny wise, a pound foolish". I can give out examples, but I'll leave it here for now.

i'm pretty happy with my cts-v. bone stock, auto, and the ability to smoke most cars on the road with my 3 kids in the back laughing is priceless. decent sized trunk, magnetic ride, and the option to easily hit 600rwhp through the auto if i want. the 'lol factor' is the wife tearing into the car, and hearing from people that she likes to drive it hard.

i vote to trade the car either way--for the 5.0 or the cts-v. either one will be easily modded beyond 500rwhp and still be reliable. i love my cobra---it should run 10's all day long when/if i can find the time to get it to the track. i've got well over $15k in mods in the car. going from the vette or the caddy to the cobra--and it feels like i'm driving a tractor. seriously. unless i'm going to race it, its just not 'fun' to drive. in the past, your options of 400-500 hp cars were limited. these days, every camry out there has 300hp. go out and drive the new 5.0, and a cts-v.