Picking up a Honda

Rhett

So I am going to pick up a 1998 Honda Civic EX 2 Door Auto tomorrow. It has 152,xxx with 1.6 What all should I look for? I know of Honda Cancer but what else should I look for?

For those Curious I am trading it for my Jeep with 204k and a few minor issues (Tie Rods, AC Selector switch and exhaust leak) for this Civic with a cracked rear bumper and the hood latch needs replaced.

Cracked exhaust manifolds, (Advance in Pataskala had one in stock), exhaust systems, CV boots/shafts, ball joints, etc. are all pretty common. I just got done doing quite a bit of work on a 97 EX, and it was honestly probably the easiest car I've ever worked on. Did every gasket/seal (including head gasket)on the engine, all hoses, belts, t belt/tensioner/wp, and exhaust manifold and had it done in a couple afternoons. Everything was in stock at the parts store, and all of the parts were pretty inexpensive.

Cracked exhaust manifolds, (Advance in Pataskala had one in stock), exhaust systems, CV boots/shafts, ball joints, etc. are all pretty common. I just got done doing quite a bit of work on a 97 EX, and it was honestly probably the easiest car I've ever worked on. Did every gasket/seal (including head gasket)on the engine, all hoses, belts, t belt/tensioner/wp, and exhaust manifold and had it done in a couple afternoons. Everything was in stock at the parts store, and all of the parts were pretty inexpensive.

GF has a 2000 civic with the split exhaust. She said the original was 1 piece between the manifold and cat. When she had it replaced she said it's now a 2 piece. What exhaust manifold does it need now?

GF has a 2000 civic with the split exhaust. She said the original was 1 piece between the manifold and cat. When she had it replaced she said it's now a 2 piece. What exhaust manifold does it need now?

Mine has a 2 piece setup. A relatively short manifold and then a 2 foot pipe that bolts to the cat.