Putnam Park Road Course HPDE, May 19th 2012

theweiser1

First off a HUGE thank you to all of the CR guys that attended events in 2011!!! There was a very strong turn out from those members on here. I hope you guys can attend our events in 2012! First up is Putnam Park Road Course on May 19th (Saturday). Also check back later this week. We are announcing our instructor for Putnam Park!

We’ll kick off at 9am with 20 minute sessions for each group (Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced) every hour. With 6 sessions from 9-4 and open track time from 4 – 5pm we’ll be sure to have plenty of time on track.

Check our last event at Putnam Park Road Course back in September of 2011!

Putnam Park HPDE Track Day Recap – Photos and Video!Torqued Racing HPDE Events | Torqued Racing HPDE Events

Early Registration: $250

Registration information:

Torqued Racings 2012 HPDE Track Day ScheduleTorqued Racing | Torqued Racing

******** Garages Available ********

The space is open between bays, so effectively they can be configured as drive-through bays, or kept as individual garage bays. Each bay will have electrical receptacles, overhead lighting, and ceiling fans. The design is similar to the garages at Laguna Seca. We will post actual pictures of garages once they are finished being built.

Garages: $75 / 18x20 garage

*** Only 15 available! ***

Here's what some of the drivers are saying about our events:

Torqued Racing Solutions Drivers

One of the videos from Putnam Park last year:

With all of our events you have full access to all the photos we shoot at the event!

Check some out from last year:

torquedracing - Torqued Racing - HPDE Track Day @ Putnam Park | SmugMug

See you at the track

Shawn

:( @ price increase from last year.

Yes. I was in the negative last year on the rental fee for Putnam, for various reasons one being price. I significantly decreased pricing in anticipation of getting a lot of registrations that didn't happen due to it being on a Friday and terrible weather.

If you check around its on par with all of the other companies. Its actually slightly cheaper due to Putnam raising the rental fee this year for the garages that we can not opt out of. I choose not to pass that increase along to participants. We also offer just as much if not more track time in addition to providing event photography at no cost. Most if not all other companies will charge you for the digital photos. Also if you have attended one of my events I feel strongly you will agree its a fair price for the amount of track time you receive. Just some things to think about when considering the price.

Thanks,

Shawn

$250 is still cheap for as much track time as you'll get.

Plus putnam isn't really much further than Nelson so you can do the drive there and back without staying overnight if you want to watch costs even more.

I need to get some stuff sorted with my car but hope to have it ready by the time this event rolls around.

Andy

I'm VERY pleased to announce Dan Clarke Professional Race Car Driver will be instructing at both our Putnam Park Events. Check out his history in F1 and even Nascar in his new blog post on our website! You don't want to pass up this oppertunity! He is even going to be available for 1 on 1 in car sessions. He has helmet radios so that he will be able to provide real time coaching. The 1 on 1 sessions are $50 per session in which you can select when registering. Dan will be leading the Classroom sessions for the group C drivers and Q & A during lunch. Those are at no cost to those who register. The only cost is if you want a 1 on 1 session with Dan.

Check it out:

http://instructors.torquedracingsolutions.com/2012/01/25/putnam-park-pro-dan-clarke/

how noob friendly is the event? I'm interested in getting into a couple track days this year, but it would be a first time thing for me.

We provide 3 classroom instruction sessions in addition to the lead/follow session which is the beginners group first session. In many cases the first time on a road course. In addition we always have a group of guys that are available throughout the day for ride alongs. I strongly suggest coming out to our Putnam Events if its your first time. With Dan coaching its not something you will want to miss!

Thanks,

Shawn

We provide 3 classroom instruction sessions in addition to the lead/follow session which is the beginners group first session. In many cases the first time on a road course. In addition we always have a group of guys that are available throughout the day for ride alongs. I strongly suggest coming out to our Putnam Events if its your first time. With Dan coaching its not something you will want to miss!

Thanks,

Shawn

good deal, i'm definitely interested in getting an upgrade of my driver mod

Trust me on this, theres more track time to be had here than with anyone else, I used an entire tank of fuel there in just the one day and didn't run as much as i can, didn't do that at VIR, well worth it. Very noob friendly, easy going with all the guys that attended.

• 1 month later...

Getting closer! With all the warm weather I'm really getting excited about our first track day!

If you haven't been following we recently annouced a PRO will instructing and available for the advanced and intermediate groups!

http://instructors.torquedracingsolutions.com/2012/01/25/putnam-park-pro-dan-clarke/

They are building garages at Putnam and will be completed by our event. Check out the progress on our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Torqued-Racing/140312692707349

http://instructors.torquedracingsolutions.com/files/2012/01/Cockpit-300x153.jpg

Who's coming?

• 3 weeks later...

To kick off our 2012 season we are giving away a Go Pro HD Hero 2 at our first event at Putnam Park Road Course on Saturday May 19th. If you register before April 14th, 2012 you will be entered to win a Go Pro HD Hero 2 (Motorsports Edition) a $299 value. You must be present at the drivers meeting (8am) to win. It will be charged and ready to record your track day! Click the link below to register.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/00B1CC0A-FE4A-C300-C7DB55EDEC62C5C5

See you there!

Shawn

Wish I could swing this. May/June/July will be expensive months for us.

Car and Homeowners insurance is due, wife will be getting a new car, and having 1 month of double payments, and the Rally in June, which will cost north of 2k.

Hope to run a track day this year though!

Wish I could swing this. May/June/July will be expensive months for us.

Car and Homeowners insurance is due, wife will be getting a new car, and having 1 month of double payments, and the Rally in June, which will cost north of 2k.

Hope to run a track day this year though!

Ditto...

I would totally be there, except I'll have a late flight back from Vacation that evening. Not about doing this on 2 hours of sleep. :fuuuu:

• 2 weeks later...

I got some further clarification from Dan on his coaching services at the event. See below:

To add further detail, I can offer riding with the driver and also driving, to show lines and speeds better and also check the setup of the driver's car.

I'm also considering adding to the classroom session with a track walk. Taking cars on track for each driver interested, getting out at each important turn, and giving a brief talk of the DOs and DONTs before the track session opens.

Further to that, I may procure a digital camera and, using a tripod, film the morning session of Turn1 and offer a personal one-on-one guide for each driver to help them better drive that turn after watching them go through it. And do the same for another turn, probably turn 8 or 10, for the afternoon.

I hope you guys can make it!

Shawn

You guys allow bikes?

No bikes. Putnam does have Bike only days, but we can't have cars and bikes out there at the same time.

Our September 22nd event is on a Saturday and there is a bike only day on Sunday.