Sharaton and Hilton hotels

Mojoe

Prior to going on leave this month from Afghanistan, I looked into staying with both of these hotels. I had always heard and assumed how high end and well taken care of these hotels were. I was looking for a place to relax and have many amenities and comforts I had been without. I emailed both hotels 2 months out trying to make arrangments. While e changing emails, I realized these hotels only compete with each other. They ala cart everything. And their amenities were terrible. $10 a day for wifi!! Are you kidding me? All meals were excessively charged and no continental breakfast. I have stayed at a lot of hotels with the traveling I do and free wifi and some snacks in the morning are the normal in most places. Not to mention, the rates are far over priced for what you get in a Holiday inn.

I'm in a Sheratin right now due to a layover, and this is where they put us up. You wouldn't think these hotels would have the name they do with as little comfort as they provide the guest.

I spent almost the last 2 weeks in a hotel. I stay in a hotel about 25 nights a year before this. If you are looking for comfort and amenities, avoid the Sheraton and Hilton hotels. Local suites and a common Holiday inn will take care of you better.

I've stayed in at least half a dozen of hiltons/sheratons and most were very nice, with free continental breakfast. Some are more dated than others, and even very nice places can and will give you bedbugs (bastards!).

I'm in a Sheraton in Atlanta. I tried to stay at te ones in Burlington, Vermont, and it was the same story as what I'm seeing here. Every place I did stay at, made me much happier that I did not go with Sheraton or Hilton.

I've never stayed at those locations. I'm liking the Marriots more and more, but I get massive discounts which help.

I spent almost the last 2 weeks in a hotel. I stay in a hotel about 25 nights a year before this. If you are looking for comfort and amenities, avoid the Sheraton and Hilton hotels. Local suites and a common Holiday inn will take care of you better.

You must be staying at some shitty locations then as I do quite a bit more travel per year than that and while I'm mainly a Marriott first Hilton Second guy, I do my share of Sheraton's and have to say the experience is completely the opposite.

You can't judge a hotel based on having free wifi and continental breakfasts. Those are for the average folks where honestly, Sheraton caters to business travelers. Those of us with expense accounts and mobile hot spots don't care what either cost.

Yes, if you're traveling on your own dime, do Garden Inn's or other Suites. However, we just took the kids and cousins on a "stay-cation" at the Hilton up at Polaris just to get away and have fun (I have over 500k in points so it was all free) and it's a very nice hotel with the rate for members at only $119. That's a steal for what they offer there.

Scope out the location and pics online ahead of time and you'll find better ones.

I have stayed at a few Marriots and can't say anything bad comes to mind. The name Sheration and Hilton have always carries such a high end level of guest comfort and care. I just don't see it.

Are you at the one with the Sundial rotating restaurant at the top? The Marriott is right next door.

I've stayed at a few Garden Inn's, namly the one in Dublin, and while the breakfast was good (free with my HHonors) the room needed to be fixed up a bit. Next time I'm staying at the Embassy Suites next door (also in the Hilton family).

I've stayed in a lot of Hampton Inn's and have yet to be disappointed. The same goes for Holiday Inn Express. I've been let down at a lot of Holiday Inn's and don't see the point of the extra expense over the Express.

Although, Hilton just changed their rewards program and I am not too happy. I will be staying at a lot more "Priority Club" hotels in the future.

I've stayed at a few Garden Inn's, namly the one in Dublin, and while the breakfast was good (free with my HHonors) the room needed to be fixed up a bit. Next time I'm staying at the Embassy Suites next door (also in the Hilton family).

I've stayed in a lot of Hampton Inn's and have yet to be disappointed. The same goes for Holiday Inn Express. I've been let down at a lot of Holiday Inn's and don't see the point of the extra expense over the Express.

Although, Hilton just changed their rewards program and I am not too happy. I will be staying at a lot more "Priority Club" hotels in the future.

Call me when you're at the Embassy. It's right around the corner from me. We'll hit their 5pm Managers Happy Hour :cool: That's where I have my team stay when they are in town too. Great rate.

Call me when you're at the Embassy. It's right around the corner from me. We'll hit their 5pm Managers Happy Hour :cool: That's where I have my team stay when they are in town too. Great rate.

Good to know! Next Thanksgiving of Christmas is the next time I'll be in a hotel. Def. a good rate. Something like $89/night at Christmas time.