CBJ fans pushed to the brink

verse

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/stories/2012/1/25/jackets-failures-push-longtime-fans-to-brink.html

Pretty much started on the HFboards. A lot of people have decided to go down to the arena this Saturday at 2PM to protest the fact that ownership hasn't done anything about the management of this team. They just met last week and somehow Priest and Howson has sold the team on keeping them in office.

It's bitter sweet and a lot of people are bashing the fact that it's not going to do anything, but what does sitting around and waiting do? Sure nothing may not happen, but what's the harm in trying to fix this horribly managed team?

There is no sports to cover this Saturday in Columbus so people hope that local media will be covering this.

I plan on being there in my #10 Kris Russell jersey if any of the local guys are interested in going down there. #CBJfanprotest

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither is he. I don't think Nash is going anywhere (if its up to him).

why not? I'd be dieing to get off a team like the CBJ if i were him. Ive been to 2 games this year. Both times they had the lead up until the end. One of the games they had them 3-1. the other team came back and beat them in overtime when they were winning with 45 seconds left. seriously, wtf.

Didn't franklin county purchase the arena? Glad to see our tax dollars wasted.

I've brought up the same argument in the past and all I get from the fans is "well we want hockey, no matter the cost"

derp

I've brought up the same argument in the past and all I get from the fans is "well we want hockey, no matter the cost"

derp

Lol, no, no we don't. If I want hockey, I'll buy a goddamn ticket, and maybe a hotdog. And maybe if they are good enough, then I would purchase some apparel.

its time to let this team die and get a real pro sport here. Like bad mitten or whatever it is phil plays

Fuck, they've already blown public money on it after the voters said "no" multiple times in the past. Minus whale see if we can get anything for our money at this point.

why not? I'd be dieing to get off a team like the CBJ if i were him.

He's actually a pretty simple guy. From what I've heard he'd much rather be in a small market team than a huge market team like his hometown Maple Leafs. I have a few friends in Toronto and they say it's crazy if you see players on the street, people are always around them. He doesn't want that I suppose.

This has nothing to do with losing the team, the arena deal, or the players. It has to do with the management of the team, specifically Mike Priest (Club president with no previous hockey experience) and Scott Howson (General Manager with 1 winning season). The fact that the ownership has given them the okay to run the team into the ground for another year.

Fuck, they've already blown public money on it after the voters said "no" multiple times in the past. Minus whale see if we can get anything for our money at this point.

Why didn't I know the anti-CBJ crew would come in pushing their political agenda? Take your babble elsewhere.

Why didn't I know the anti-CBJ crew would come in pushing their political agenda? Take your babble elsewhere.

Political agenda? Babble? ex-fucking-scuse me?

Look, I am the furthest thing from "anti-cbj", but the deal made was just WRONG. The voters have said "no" and the city went behind their backs. It's people like you who don't give a fuck and just want what you want that are the problem.

My "babble" belongs right here, in the thread about the CBJ.

Lol political agenda. So I suppose since you are in favor of the CBJ's, you wont mind a few more hundo coming out of your paycheck to fund this failboat.

specifically Mike Priest (Club president with no previous hockey experience) and Scott Howson (General Manager with 1 winning season).

Howson's 1 winning season was due to Hitchcock, wasn't it? Someone who was technically under contract for the Jackets this year, until Howson's brilliant ass sent him to STL where,surprise surprise, he's fucking winning!

I liked Arniel initially but he fractured the locker room, and wasn't professional. Hitch was the best chance they had to improve and they shipped him. Howson is a fucking moron.

Why haven't the Blue Jackets (organization) pushed to go by "CLB" versus the "CBJ" on ESPN, etc? I realize "COL" was taken already (Colorado), but "CBJ" renders Columbus - as a city - kind of insignificant and hurts our image/brand, I think.

I know, this may seem petty, but it's stuff like this that peeves me.

i think nash realizes if he goes anywhere else he won't be the god of the team. Hell, it makes sense. Big fish, small (relatively insignificant) pond or small fish in a big (still relatively insignificant) pond

I'm pretty sure in the 2010 Olympics that Rick Nash was a top-liner with Crosby and Iginla. He'd be the big fish in any pond.

i think nash realizes if he goes anywhere else he won't be the god of the team. Hell, it makes sense. Big fish, small (relatively insignificant) pond or small fish in a big (still relatively insignificant) pond

He'd still be the top player on 75% of all the teams in the NHL, I just don't think he wants the big market attention.

Look, I am the furthest thing from "anti-cbj"

That's all I've ever seen in any post about you in a hockey thread, just sayin.

Howson's 1 winning season was due to Hitchcock, wasn't it?

Yes, and pretty much with an inherited team for the previous regime.

That's all I've ever seen in any post about you in a hockey thread, just sayin.

That's a straight lie, because I have never said anything "anti-CBJ". I've only said things against the deal. That has nothing to do with the hockey team itself and fandom vs hatred.

He's actually a pretty simple guy. From what I've heard he'd much rather be in a small market team than a huge market team like his hometown Maple Leafs. I have a few friends in Toronto and they say it's crazy if you see players on the street, people are always around them. He doesn't want that I suppose.

I know that he likes that people don't recognize him here in Columbus.