Rebuilt Title

Rocky31186

What does that mean as far as resale value?

I have someone wanting to trade me a car for my ATV, with a rebuilt title. Pictures show its in great condition, inside and out.

But I dont want to trade a quad that sells for 5k, for a rebuilt title car that will end up being worth 2k...

I would probably drive it for awhile..Fix it up, and then resell.

literally half off kbb. you know enough about cars, the one thing i'd do is get it on your alignment rack before trading it..it can look pretty but murder tires and never drive right.. you wouldnt believe the stuff i see come out of body shops.

Not just a price loss but typically takes a helluva alot longer to find a buyer or trade. Probably the reason he is looking to trade, probably didnt want to but now he's getting desperate and looking at anything to get out from under it. I am not saying dont dont it, just make sure the trade is in your favor, you'll be dealing with the headaches.

Thanks guys...

I have seen very bad body work jobs on rebuilt or salvage title cars... Most people think slapping a bumper on it will fix the problem..

I would deffinetly check the whole thing out before I did it.

Main concern is my quad resells for my 5k$....

This car is listed and blue books for 4500.....

But I figured rebuilt title drops it down to 2-2500...

I've bought/rebuilt/sold 7-8 rebuilds over the last few years. I've never had to take "half off" to sell any of them. Depends on the condition of the car and the reason behind the rebuilt title. If it's a floor car don't touch it. I won't mess with them if they've been nailed in the rear (women excluded). I usually price mine between good and poor condition via NADA or KBB.

Does it pass the test in "being able to sell it in the same amount of time for the same amount of money" you have in your trade?

I really havent looked at it in person. So its hard to say if I can sell it fast and make 4-5k$.... He sent me multiple pictures of the car.. But before I looked more into it I wanted to make sure I wasnt going to take a crap trade by being rebuilt..

I dont think it would be a bad trade, Ive fixed up junk cars in the past and sold them for profit... If it wasnt for the rebuilt title I would have traded him by now..