sold

31rx7

Son is selling his car as he has another ride. 1999 Taurus runs great and drives great. Fully loaded with leather, power everything, sunroof, etc. Tires very good, new rear brakes, front brakes good, etc. 168,000 or so miles. * He has driven it to Chicago and back with no problems.

A/C does not work at the moment - have never really checked to see if it needs a charge or something else. *Some idiosyncrasies: Passenger rear power window does not work, power locks have sort of a mind of their own. windshield washer hose needs replaced, "low coolant" light on due to bad sensor, minor rust near rear wheel well where they tend to rust, maybe a couple other items. *

The only significant thing is that when hot, the transmission tends to not want to downshift to first when you come to a stop. *Once you ease on the gas or manually shift, it is fine. *It has been doing that since we got it, so I am not overly concerned. I did change the transmission fluid and filter during the summer to see if it would help, but it did not. The fluid and pan both looked good - no shavings or grit in it.

Short story: it is a solid around town car, and would make a great beater / winter car.

REDUCED PRICE - $1250

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r228/31rx7/1999%20Ford%20Taurus%20For%20Sale/Taurus1.jpg

Link to all photos:

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r228/31rx7/1999%20Ford%20Taurus%20For%20Sale/

Flexible on price.

Edited by 31rx7
Reduced price

PM's responded to.

Regarding other trades, stuff I am into includes:

- Vintage high end stereo equipment (tube or transistor; Marantz, Pioneer, MacIntosh, Crown, Phase Linear, etc.)

- Higher end acoustic guitars

- 1988 - 1991 Civic / CRX

- ???

-

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If you donate it do you really get that much off your taxes?

Admittedly I need to research this more, but my understanding is that it is considered a charitable donation and if done in a certain manner, you can claim market value for the deduction amount. This reduces your taxes at whatever incremental tax rate you are at. Hoever, there are considerations for doing this, and that's what I need to research.

Sent 3 messages that wont go through because the internets sucks here. I have a Soldier of mine interested. Her Husband can look at the car anytime this week. PM me if it's still available please. Thanks

Sorry - have not received PM's to schedule time or received voicemails.

Mobile number is sixty 14 5 sixty 1 3 four 12.

I can also be reached at rgrunenwald at columbus dot rr dot com

Available all day today - no real plans.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...