Turbo build

OneSlow04GEETEE

Is it really? I haven't looked into meth or E85 much at all. I just know those are about my only two options to run high boost other than race gas. For now I will just be on pump gas because people are saying my whp numbers for pump are conservative. If that's the case, on race gas I will definitely not have enough fuel support from my pumps so I'd have to switch to return style.

From what I read, E85's octane differs from pump to pump. (But is consistently over 94 octane). Plus, it takes more volume to run. So you have to have monster pumps and injectors. Also had a buddy that left E85 in his tank for about a year and it killed his fuel pump and he had to have his carb re-done. But I have seen plenty of stupid fast cars using it.

With meth, you can control the mix. I personally run Straight meth cut 50/50 with Washer fluid. Figures that gives me about a 60-65% meth to water ratio. Pumps and injectors, while still important, don't have to be as crazy. (I was trapping well over 130 with just a single A1000 just to give you an idea)

From what I read, E85's octane differs from pump to pump. (But is consistently over 94 octane). Plus, it takes more volume to run. So you have to have monster pumps and injectors. Also had a buddy that left E85 in his tank for about a year and it killed his fuel pump and he had to have his carb re-done. But I have seen plenty of stupid fast cars using it.

With meth, you can control the mix. I personally run Straight meth cut 50/50 with Washer fluid. Figures that gives me about a 60-65% meth to water ratio. Pumps and injectors, while still important, don't have to be as crazy. (I was trapping well over 130 with just a single A1000 just to give you an idea)

Good info! Thanks man. I'll be staying on pump gas for now until I convert to a return style fuel system. On pump I should be almost maxing out my Cobra pumps and BAP.

Thats cool, it just looks like it would be hard to clear coming directly forward like that. I know I had to go basically through the kmember and couldn't come directly forward on the passenger side. Ill be interested to see how that routes on that side, does it keep the front sway bar as well?

Pretty sure it keeps everything. I'm not doing coil-overs or tubular A arms either, but my tune shop said they aren't worried with fabbing it up. They'll make it happen.

• 4 weeks later...