Who's stayed on Maui, Hawaii?

Trouble Maker

first time out?

PM for places to eat, things to do, things not to do, tips on car rental, etc

Thanks for all of the info, it's extremely helpful to hear directly from someones who's been to some of these places. :megusta:

I would love to hear about any other tips.

What do you think about the local used rental car places? IIRC the one place we found had a 7 day minimum and we are only going to be on maui for 5 days. That might kill any savings with them compared to 5 actual days with a normal rental car company.

I'm looking forward to some good food, so any food suggestions are appreciated. We eat just about anything, but being in Hawaii I'm looking for some good seafood. Anything local or you can't typically get here would be great too.

We are thinking to do a bike ride 'down the volcano', one of them stops at a winery after (on the big island). Thinking about the helicopter ride. We are getting gear to go exploring and snorkeling our-self, but we will also probably do 1 guided excursion. Will probably do the sunrise on Haleakala too.

Yes, it's our first time out. This is one of those once in a lifetime things. There are so many places we want to see and things we want to do, I don't see us going back there again, at least not soon. So if there is anything we must do, let me know!