weathertech opinions?

cptn janks

thinking of getting some weathertech liners for my blazer... the stock mats and carpet are pretty nice, and i hate getting snow and mud on them...

does anyone have any opinions on these mats or alternatives? ive seen husky mats online that seem very similar.... dunno how they really compare.

just kind of weighing options before i pull the $180 trigger on the weathertechs...

i have weathertech ones in my cts-v since it sees some fall/rain duty---they are pretty nice. they do seem just a bit thin and have not held to their form as well as the husky liners

i have husky liners in my exploder for 7 years, and our escalade for nearly 3 years. the husky liners ARE thicker, and i like them just a bit better. either one should be fine, this is just my preference

I have them in my wife's car and they're great. Hell, last year I left them in the whole year. Make sure you get the floor LINERS not just the mats. the liners fit very well to the sides of the footwell, and have the rubber that comes up a few inches around the sides so it holds all of the stuff in there while you're driving around.

I too have them in my truck, and I got them for my dad for his truck. They fit great and they are SUPER durable. My dad showed me where the mat actually wore out the heal of one of his shoes (truck is a manual). If that isn't a good example of how durable they are I'm not sure what does.

Bought the 'cargo mat' for my wife's Edge, and she loves it. We have an 8 month old son, so when we have to take the stroller in and out in the snow or wet, it helps keep all the moisture on the mat as opposed to soaking into the interior.

Perfect fit, I would recommend if you can fit the bill.

Edited by bmwohio

I have the floor liners in my car. After seeing them several people have bought their own.

The fit could be a bit tighter but they're still the best thing going. Tough as nails and keep your carpet clean.

My only (minor) complaint is that the texture is somewhat flat, not deep ridges like you see in some all-weather mats. In heavy snow/rain, this can cause puddling (if your application does not drain over the door sill) and as a result might get the bottom back of your pant legs wet/dirty.

this was an interesting thread i came across when looking for mats for my cts-v. read down to response #13. pretty good customer service from weathertech if you ask me.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/210463-weathertech-mats-received-today-terrible-fitment.html

pickups plus, thats in hilliard right?

i have not checked with them, but i definitely will. would be nice if i could pick them up locally, and not have to pay for the shipping :)

They have a location up 23N as well, and now knowing they carry weather tech I am considering picking some up myself. I have seen them in the 02-07 and 08-11 wrx/sti's and the fitment is really nice. Also a friend of mine just picked some up for his 2012 jeep wrangler - like the other mats, they fit well and seem like a much better option than anything else I've checked out.

I wanted to add also, I've seen the Husky brand floor liners and they are absolutely an inferior product. Thinner, more flexible, poorly cut edges. Just crap.

My experience has been the exact opposite. I have two sets of complete husky liners for my explorer and escalade. The fitment is perfect and they've held up to some serious abuse. My explorer ones look brand new and they're 7 years old. I like the weathertech ones too, but they are just a bit thinner

My experience has been the exact opposite. I have two sets of complete husky liners for my explorer and escalade. The fitment is perfect and they've held up to some serious abuse. My explorer ones look brand new and they're 7 years old. I like the weathertech ones too, but they are just a bit thinner

That is strange. Perhaps they're offerings for the Ford Ranger are just generally of lesser quality lol. I'm not sure what might explain that