Supercharged 3800 miss/hesitation

nurkvinny

04 GTP

I've been noticing the last few weeks that once the car is at operating temps, any amount of throttle past about half, the car will get a serious miss / almost reminds you of hitting a rev limiter or running on 5 cyls.

Symptoms I've noticed -

- When cold, seems to still run very well

- Also been noticing burning oil smell after shutting down or at a light - I'm assuming this to be the wonderful 3800 valve cover issue.

- Starts and idles perfectly.

I was leaning towards starting with a fuel filter and checking plugs as the usual quick and cheap steps, but it runs so damn good when cold.

Of note -

- Smaller blower pulley

- aftermarket exhaust

- DHP pcm

- plugs / filter done in 2010 (I think)

- haven't checked fuel pressure yet.

Busted -

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1247254&postcount=30

j/k, going to pull them this afternoon.

OK, maybe I did then. I really couldn't remember... :lolguy: I think I did do them when I did the fuel filter, now that I think about it. I just did plugs tho, so maybe the wires or coils? I put autolite 104s in it I think.

Not sure of anything yet.

Ironically, as I was heading home with the family's dinner tonight, I thrashed it just to see what I could tell, and the SES light finally came on.

Gonna repull codes when it's not 10 degrees in the garage. :)

You'll be lucky if its anything but a P0300.

Where can I find a new one of these (upper-most yellow circle)? The plastic nipple the BCA line hooks to broke off when I barely touched it to check the vac. line. I can't locate a part # or used one anywhere.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/bon2k/misc5/needed.jpg

Bring the car out to me and I will scan it with misfires turned on so we can see what cylinders are misfiring.

Buck is right.

More then likely it is a cracked spark plug. I see it all the time with these cars.

Appreciate the offer, man. Your shop's a good drive for me. Plugs are definitely the first or second stop after getting the booster cap replaced.

Post on 3800pro or give John a call at INTENSE. He had a number of supercharger housings laying around. He might have that piece.

"You Part It" always has a number of 3800's. I know this because this is where I get all my spare pcm's for mail order tunes.

Ha, that's the forum I've been reading most of the night with thread after thread ending up being a bad plug. :)

Would love to... Out of Stock. :)

:(

I had one fall apart on me at work a few weeks ago, they get brittle with age, and parts had to pick it up but they got it same day. Just saying, whoever you called may not have it in stock but they are around town or at ADW.