Nissannnnnnnn enthusiasts, advice on Sentras

Nate1647545505

I think the 2.5s had issues with the catalytic converters.

This, and secondary butterfly screws in the intake, and other minor things.

The 1.8s seem to be very reliable, i havent seen any real issues come through the shop plus, the fuel mileage should be pretty good. As for the rest of the car, there arent any common problems that i can think of, the suspensions, brakes, and electrical systems seem to hold up really well. Id say go for it.

Anything wrong with the 1.8? Mainly playing the gas mileage game.

Just very underpowered. Gas mileage is decent though. There is an issue with the fuel canisters that let air pressure leave the tank that I have seen a few times. If you can, try filling it with gas, if the pump stops before the tank is full or close to it, it could be the reason.

This, and secondary butterfly screws in the intake, and other minor things.

The 1.8s seem to be very reliable, i havent seen any real issues come through the shop plus, the fuel mileage should be pretty good. As for the rest of the car, there arent any common problems that i can think of, the suspensions, brakes, and electrical systems seem to hold up really well. Id say go for it.

Yup, I've had to do 2 motors in sentras with QR25s. One cat exploded and somehow backfed into the motor, and another the screws came out of the butterflys and sucked into the motor. the 1.8s are pretty decent. If you get bored, you can VQ35 swap them. We did one a few years back and it was probably one of the funner cars I've driven.