RB25 Swapped 240

DTM Brian

Am I the only one that would expect more out of an RB25 @ 26psi? Unless the motor is bone stock and its on a baby turbo

Either way, looks and sounds great.

Its actually right on par with other similar setups. And its slow as hell. :dumb:

Am I the only one that would expect more out of an RB25 @ 26psi? Unless the motor is bone stock and its on a baby turbo

Either way, looks and sounds great.

These motors in stock form are only good for ~450whp-500whp. No where near as impressive as the JZ engines. My guess is it has a GT30R or something similar.

Nobody can live up to your standards bro..:no:

:fuckyeah:

These motors in stock form are only good for ~450whp-500whp. No where near as impressive as the JZ engines. My guess is it has a GT30R or something similar.

Assumed RB26ish capacity. What makes it significantly weaker than the 26 which can see 8 to 9xxwhp on stock block?

I don't know that the 26 are any stronger than the 25 in stock form. I believe both engines have stock forged cranks but the pistons are hypereutectic and the rods, well I have no idea. Most of the rb25s I've worked on have suffered from rod knock and broken ring lands.

Edit:

Did a quick search and it seems the Aussies are doing about 600 tops, but it's on E85, so much more forgiving. I'd say the limit of the 26 is probably near that of the 25, which really isn't much more than the limit of an SR20.

Car has forged internals and strength of bottom end is not going to change hp output. Most rb25s I've seen on youtube on pump gas are making 400-430 on 20 psi.

I don't think anyone was making that point. Just saying that he may have stopped at 500 because that's where the bottom ends start coming apart on these motors. I assume this is your car? If so, very nice stuff.