considering an SKS

smokin5s

got to shoot my neighbor's SKS the other day, he said he paid around 300 for his... figured I'd post up and see if anyone had one laying around that they wanted to part with.

Or if anyone has any other "zombie killer" rifles let me know... high caliber riflers are a blast to shoot... just expensive :)

Check out Gunbroker. There are lots of SKS rifles for sale at very reasonable prices.

The Chinese SKS56 rifles are the best bang for the buck in the World of SKS rifles.

Yugoslavian models are nice, too, although they don't have chrome lined bores and often show signs of corrosion, particularly the SKS59/66 models with the gas valve for launching grenades. If you can inspect first, or pick up one of the un-issued rifles that are available for under $350, that's the way to go on the Yugos. The stocks are a little heavier than SKS rifles from other countries, which makes for nice shooting.

Dans Sporting Goods has some fairly rare Yugo M59s (the original without grenade launcher) for $289 right now. They won't last long at that price. They also have the SKS59/66 models for $325.

Check out Gunbroker. There are lots of SKS rifles for sale at very reasonable prices.

The Chinese SKS56 rifles are the best bang for the buck in the World of SKS rifles.

Yugoslavian models are nice, too, although they don't have chrome lined bores and often show signs of corrosion, particularly the SKS59/66 models with the gas valve for launching grenades. If you can inspect first, or pick up one of the un-issued rifles that are available for under $350, that's the way to go on the Yugos. The stocks are a little heavier than SKS rifles from other countries, which makes for nice shooting.

Dans Sporting Goods has some fairly rare Yugo M59s (the original without grenade launcher) for $289 right now. They won't last long at that price. They also have the SKS59/66 models for $325.

where is Dan's sporting Goods at? I've never heard of them... looks like I might be making a trip up there if I get off work early enough today. :)