2.0L Turbo 4 Cyl Camaros for the 6th Gen

Fubar231

Torque early isn't an issue if you don't strap a huge turbo that doesn't suit your application. If you want torque sooner, buy the right turbo then.

I'll agree with you in a performance application, but in a daily driver the torque you feel when you let out the clutch or short shift doesn't come from boost. I'd trade 50 ft-lb at 7000rpm for 30 at 1000 any day of the week in my daily driver. The heavier the car, the taller the gearing, the worse it is... and today's cars are getting pretty portly with all their safety and convenience crap, and gearing is getting very tall in the quest for economy. Recommend diesel.

And if CAFE didn't exist you'd still be able to buy a big torquey motor in 10 years. But it does, so you won't. Everyone's gotta make compromises.

So, you make a statement about HP and how the new motors are great, then when given the reason for complaints you go in a different direction? I know that there are standards that need met, but that wasn't in the discussion.

Torque early isn't an issue if you don't strap a huge turbo that doesn't suit your application. If you want torque sooner, buy the right turbo then.

Bingo. Dont strap a 80mm with a 1.06AR hotside to your 1.6l honda motor and expect to have torque. Stay with a smaller GT28 or something and youll be good.

I'll agree with you in a performance application, but in a daily driver the torque you feel when you let out the clutch or short shift doesn't come from boost. I'd trade 50 ft-lb at 7000rpm for 30 at 1000 any day of the week in my daily driver. The heavier the car, the taller the gearing, the worse it is... and today's cars are getting pretty portly with all their safety and convenience crap, and gearing is getting very tall in the quest for economy. Recommend diesel.

I guess, I don't care what torque feels like before boost in a daily for a couple reasons. I feel like a turbo in a daily application is to make up for the lack of torque the engine provides. Therefore even me short shifting, I still get into a little boost. I agree that you SHOULD feel more torque before boost in a daily, but I don't think that is how most are designed.

Granted I don't get to drive V8/10/12 cyl turbo cars that are "dailies" really. I'm sure those cars would make up for waiting on the turbo to spool, but those cars aren't really affordable to the masses like MOST 4 cyl turbo cars.

LOL completely agree with that. 6th gen could be pretty sweet if they upped the V6 a bit, either turbocharge or supercharge that, instead of doing a 4, and still leave at least one V8. Make a longer 6th gear like in the T56 and such, easy good MPG solution. Or just make a 7 speed like Porsche's new transmission.