Should we censor foul language?

Casper

Should we censor foul language?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should we censor foul language?

• Yes, censor all foul language.
    • No, leave it the way it is.
    • Yes, but allow members to turn off censor.
    • I don't care.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an option on another board I'm a member of, and it was actually pretty hilarious when the admins got done with the sensor...

we were having conversations about *manparts* cheney, and one of the admins even decided to turn "platypus" into *duckbeaver*.

I don't see the harm in adding a censor if some of the members want it, just have it default to off, and make all new members aware that it's available...

or yota's way where it defaults to on...whatever...

what kinda forum are you on that you talk about platypussies? or is it platypi?

The whole world is vulgar, let alone the internet. Nobody is forcing anyone to read anything. Like schmuckgirl said...you know what they're wanting to say anyways. I don't see why a few would make it change for many? There is much more that swear than don't. It's all just letters from the alphabet put together to form "words" anyways. Stop being little babys, or cancel your internet, live in a bubble and watch only G-Rated movies your whole life.:nono:

Fuck no. We are all supposed to be adults here. If you don't like the way people in this community express themselves, go hang out in a moped forum with the other 16 year old bible thumpers.

But that's just my .02.

The whole world is vulgar, let alone the internet. Nobody is forcing anyone to read anything. Like schmuckgirl said...you know what they're wanting to say anyways. I don't see why a few would make it change for many? There is much more that swear than don't. It's all just letters from the alphabet put together to form "words" anyways. Stop being little babys, or cancel your internet, live in a bubble and watch only G-Rated movies your whole life.:nono:
Plz don't take away one of the last non-PC playgrounds !

Just curious guys....

If it's left up to the individual user whether or not they "see" the vulgarity, how does it affect you?

You can still swear, talk shit, whatever you want. Your internet experience isn't hampered in any way shape or form.

Just curious guys....

If it's left up to the individual user whether or not they "see" the vulgarity, how does it affect you?

You can still swear, talk shit, whatever you want. Your internet experience isn't hampered in any way shape or form.

ditto!:grin:

Just curious guys....

Noted point.

On the poll, I voted that I don't care...

However, my heart says: "FCUK that!"

The one thing that I enjoy about this forum, is that in a society where we're all expected to fit into some sort of acceptable mold or another; we can come here and openly express ourselves.

I don't know if I'm ready to lose that.

Just curious guys....

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."

Be an ass all you want, but please don't be a fucking idiot. ;)

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."

Be an ass all you want, but please don't be a fucking idiot. ;)

What are you 12?

If YOUR experience is not "censored" (and we're just talking about foul language) how does that effect you? The "words" that seem so important to some of you will still be there, if you CHOOSE. Those who CHOOSE not to see them won't. What's the big deal???

what kinda forum are you on that you talk about platypussies? or is it platypi?

mmm, i think platypusses but definitely should be platypi...

So I think the conclusion for this thread is that the majority of the people don't want a filter, i don't know if the people that want a filter exist or not because there haven't really been any posts that imply they do, but in general nobody cares if they can turn it off, or have it be off automatically... yeah??

How much work is it to put a filter such as this in anyway?? I have no concept of these things.