Should we censor foul language?

Casper

Should we censor foul language?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should we censor foul language?

• Yes, censor all foul language.
    • No, leave it the way it is.
    • Yes, but allow members to turn off censor.
    • I don't care.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess if you believe prohibition was all about religion then you don't know history and couldn't be bothered to read more than the headline of the article ?

It's not? Right from the link you cited:

Following significant pressure from the temperance movement,

Origins

In May 1657, the General Court of Massachusetts made illegal the sale of strong liquor “whether known by the name of rumme, strong water, wine, brandy, etc.”[3]

In general, informal social controls in the home and community helped maintain the expectation that the abuse of alcohol was unacceptable. There was a clear consensus that while alcohol was a gift from God, its abuse was from the Devil. "Drunkenness was condemned and punished, but only as an abuse of a God-given gift. Drink itself was not looked upon as culpable, any more than food deserved blame for the sin of gluttony. Excess was a personal indiscretion."[4] When informal controls failed, there were always legal ones.

The prohibition or dry WALOO movement began in the 1840s, spearheaded by pietistic religious denominations, especially the Methodists. The late 1800s saw the temperance movement broaden its focus from abstinence to all behavior and institutions related to alcohol consumption. Preachers such as Reverend Mark A. Matthews linked liquor-dispensing saloons with prostitution.
Prohibition was an important force in state and local politics from the 1840s through the 1930s. The political forces involved were ethnoreligious in character, as demonstrated by numerous historical studies.[6] Prohibition was demanded by the "dries" — primarily pietistic Protestant denominations, especially the Methodists, Northern Baptists, Southern Baptists, Presbyterians, Disciples, Congregationalists, Quakers, and Scandinavian Lutherans. They identified saloons as politically corrupt and drinking as a personal sin. They were opposed by the "wets" — primarily liturgical Protestants (Episcopalians, German Lutherans) and Roman Catholics, who denounced the idea that the government should define morality.[7]
Sounds like a religious battle to me... what did I miss? That's the origin, and each sides religious beliefs were lobbied in Congress. So...tell me how I just glossed over everything and just read the first sentence?

:lol: I can't believe this thread has so many responses. OK I'm not that surprised by it. :lol:

IMHO a user controlled function gives the best of both worlds. You fucking potty mouths can spew all the shit you want and you pussy eared bitches can block it at will.

Do you even bother to use your brain before you type things? :rolleyes:

OH SNAP! You've been served!

Do you ever bother to use your brain? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OH SNAP! Now... it's on!

You dumb mother fuckers, I can't believe you fucks are still dicussing this bullshit. you mother fuckers owe me the last fucking 30 secs I fuckin wasted looking at this thread and typing up this damn response. Fuck!

Here dude... I'll give you the 15 seconds you spent reading... but the 15 seconds you spent typing is all on you. lol.

[1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12..13..14..15]

Happy now? :D

OH SNAP! You've been served!

OH SNAP! Now... it's on!

Bring your crew tonight... unless your scared! We are gonna watch JRMMi's boys dance like a buncha faggots and show me up tonight once and for all! It should be fairly interesting though. He doesn’t believe the fact that gravity exists, because he once read a post on wikipedia that said it didn't, so these days he feels he can fly. I have tied to present him with some facts about gravity to change his mind... but he simply ignores them because I didn't provide proper citations for common knowledge. :popcorn:

I'd say no because this is mostly grownups here, I run the forum for the OYL, we have a few kids on there and I cencer out all the bad stuff just because I don't want a bad image on the OYL and for parents looking to get there kids into roadracing, log on to the forum and see Fuck this, and Fuck that all over the board, it might turn them away from the club?? We are all grown ups here (for the most part) and I say either have the option to turn it on/off or not do it at all! JUST MY $.02

Bring your crew tonight... unless your scared! We are gonna watch JRMMi's boys dance like a buncha faggots and show me up tonight once and for all! It should be fairly interesting though. He doesn’t believe the fact that gravity exists, because he once read a post on wikipedia that said it didn't, so these days he feels he can fly. I have tied to present him with some facts about gravity to change his mind... but he simply ignores them because I didn't provide proper citations for common knowledge. :popcorn:

:lol::lol:

Gravity this, bitch.

What? it's Saturday and I've got a little free time to continue the internet pissing match. :D

That's funny. :) People complained about my last post. Do you feel "threatened" beacuse I called you out in a dance off? Hahaha. Good times. :grin:

That's funny. :) People complained about my last post. Do you feel "threatened" beacuse I called you out in a dance off? Hahaha. Good times. :grin:

i dont think anyone complained but it was close to sounding as a threat and thats a :nono: