Meanwhile in Toledo...

coltboostin

I would say at that point its time to upgrade the driver gasket.

At that point yes. Not worried about that at all to be honest. It will take some time to get it all sorted again since so much has changed but it will be much more a question of "When" instead of "If" :)

Jeff

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when is the mark vs Jamie showdown?

Import Face off, Import Vs. Domestic, any random track day...

I will quote Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday from one of my favorite movies, Tombstone.... "Say when"

I would say at that point its time to upgrade the driver gasket.

I'll be just fine... once that bitch is together I will put some new records up on the board.

I will quote Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday from one of my favorite movies, Tombstone.... "Say when"

I'll be just fine... once that bitch is together I will put some new records up on the board.

Atomic Bitch.

Sounds like a good windshield sticker.

Will you be ready for the April IFO race? I'll fly back if you are.

and last year made 1800rwhp at 24psi (Calculated since we never dyno the car that high on purpose).

I doubt he is very worried :)

Jeff

Really? I trapped 12 mph faster with 400 less hp and weighed within 150 lbs of the Z06 last year.

I didn't realize it was going to be a roll-race :)

Jeff

I didn't either. HP = trap speed, and you wouldn't trap that slow making 1800

Fixed. No worry's though -- it actually will be within 100-150lbs this year :)

Jeff

You weighed 3650? I remember Mark saying it weighed 3400.

Hope to see the car run this year, it looks like a monster Jamie :fuckyeah:

Thanks Ray. We were really looking forward to running Milan's OLS this year as we finally are starting to sort out our new combo but Jeff won't let us run with 2 power adders. They let 4 cyl run but not 6 cyl with nitrous. Given their low car count and the fact we'd be the only import, we were surprised they wouldn't update the rule package. Could you help us lobby them?

Thanks Ray. We were really looking forward to running Milan's OLS this year as we finally are starting to sort out our new combo but Jeff won't let us run with 2 power adders. They let 4 cyl run but not 6 cyl with nitrous. Given their low car count and the fact we'd be the only import, we were surprised they wouldn't update the rule package. Could you help us lobby them?

I'm sure Mark could as well since we ran up there all last season and plan to again this year.

Just don't win and I'm sure nobody would care :)

Jeff

We have never dynoed the car past 12xx rwhp on baby boost just to make sure the set-up is solid at the shop and then turn it up at the track. Mark has always got the HP "Estimates" from one of the calculators online.

Jeff

I can't wait to see these cars at the track this year should make for an epic video. Battle of the Titans 2012

+1

And as much as I like the vette I think Id rather see the Supra win. Ive always been a fan of anything JP or Jamie run / build.

I'm sure Mark could as well since we ran up there all last season and plan to again this year.

Just don't win and I'm sure nobody would care :)

Jeff

Jeff and his staff were asking us all last year to run OLS and then all of a sudden last month played the rule package against us. So not sure why.

We have never dynoed the car past 12xx rwhp on baby boost just to make sure the set-up is solid at the shop and then turn it up at the track. Mark has always got the HP "Estimates" from one of the calculators online.

Jeff

Online calculators don't work well with turbo cars. Enter my data from last year and it says I'm making 1850whp - so only about 450whp off....

Cars like marks, a dyno is of no real use for tuning WOT. That's why they go to the track and do runs and make adjustments accordingly. Top fuel cars and other high HP cars are the same way. They're interested in times, not power.

I never said he had to find it emperically, all of the data needed is in the logs..

Online calculators don't work well with turbo cars. Enter my data from last year and it says I'm making 1850whp - so only about 450whp off....

Whichever one he uses was either dead-on or very very close when the car was Twin-turbo'd and we did dyno up to the low 1200rwhp range (2 years ago?). You can talk to him about it directly as I don't know the specifics -- just that I know he has checked it frequently.

Jeff

Will you be ready for the April IFO race? I'll fly back if you are.

Right now I would say yes, but I can't give a definitive until Callies finishes my crank.

You weighed 3650? I remember Mark saying it weighed 3400.

3610 was the weight at the last race of the year... we were lighter for the 1 race with the ERL motor, but you saw how fast I pulled that out... This year we have taken a LOT of weight out of the car and will actually have to ballast up to min weight.

I really wish you guys could race that series... reguardless of all the shit talking I think your car is a really nice ride and would love another car in that series. I finished 3rd in the points that series last year and didn't even make it to the last race.

Don King can talk all the shit he wants, but I would love to race your car at IFO if we get it done in time. If not, I am sure we will see it at the 2nd IFO race as well as the Import vs Domestic race.

Congrats on your new power level and best times, those are great accomplishments and will serve as nice 2nd place markers here on Columbus Racing.