Mad River end of season events (3/10) Pond Skimming, Cardboard sled race w/cash prize

Trouble Maker

As many of you know, I'm out of commission for the end of this season for skiing, but I will still be up there to partake in the festivities.

I'll prob go up around 1ish so I can catch some of the pond skimming and cardboard box sledding.

There are also 2 bands playing pretty much all day.

Let me know if you are heading up for the last weekend of riding in Ohio and we can grab a drink. I will be up in the loft grabbing drinks or outside watching people hurt themselves pond skimming and cardboard sled racing. :gabe:

The pond skimming is a blast, I highly suggest trying it if you end there to ski/board. I would be doing it and entering the cardboard sled race if my knee wasn't hurt. :fa:

In the Loft we'll have $2 Drafts, $3 Well Drinks, and 1/2 Price Pizza. Live music starts at 2pm with Katty Whomp Us followed by The Ark Band!

In the ETC Retail Shop everything in the store is 50% off! Find some killer deals on goggles, headphones, logowear, and accessories.

The Yuengling Spring Fling starts at 12pm with Pond Skimming. This year we're giving away a 12/13 Season Pass to the best 80s outfit. Requirements are that you make it across the Pond. We have some great runner up prizes as well. So break out the neon and the rolled up jeans...

At 2pm we will move to the Cardboard Classic. Yuengling has ponied up $1000 in cash for some of the best sleds out there. We will award $500 to the best sled, $300 to the best themed Yuengling Sled, and $200 to the best slider (aka the fastest). Rules are simple - use only cardboard, duct tape, and zip ties to construct your sled. Paint, pieces of flare, and other decor is very much encouraged but the sled and it's sliding surface must be made of cardboard/duct tape. No wood, plastic, metal etc... We will have some sweet prizes for runners up and solid efforts put forth so have fun!

It's so tempting to enter the pond skim contest.

In years past it's not a contest or entry issue. You just go up to the top and wait in line, then go as many times as you want. It couldn't be any easier or any more fun to do. It's fun when you don't make it across, and it's fun when you do.

The contest ($$$), and entry is for the cardboard sled races. Which is after the pond skimming.

is it pretty much dead up there now with all this warm weather we've been having?

I haven't been up there since I hurt my knee but this is my understanding; zero traffic, but 'plenty of snow'. They are closed during the week this week since they traffic has been so low. You can always check their website for which runs are open, if they are open, and check the web cams for coverage. I'm sure there are bare spots at this point. As always, check FB and/or their website before you go, especially during inclement weather, the day of, to make sure they are open.

There are always a lot of people that come out for this event, lots of stuff going on. I'm sure there will be a decent amount of people on Saturday.

M-F Closed

SAT, MAR 10

. Ski/board 9AM - 9:30PM $25, $20PM $40 w/rentals

. Tubbing 10AM - 9:30PM $25 UNLIMITED

SUN, MAR 11

. Ski/board 9AM - 4PM $40 w/rentals

. Tubbing 10AM - 4PM $25 UNLIMITED

I want to do this so bad

Like I said, it's as simple as coming out, waiting in line and going down the hill as fast as you can.

PM pass is $20... don't take my word for it but I assume that means 12PM on, so that would get you there for all of the events.