The Laptop guy...

HotCarl

Listen here you mother fucker. When you tell a customer 3-5 business days until his computer is repaired than you damn well better have his shit ready to go in 3-5 business days.

Dropped it off last friday and fully expect to pick it up today only to call and get the, "oh yeah its on the service bench it.... SHOULD be ready sometime today for you to pick up tomorow". No im sorry not good enough. "well if you'd like you can come out to the gahannah location and pick it up today... if its ready today". Again not good enough asswipe. Its not the customer's responsibility to ensure you meet your own pre-imposed deadlines. "well sir the difference between a business day and a..." Im gonna go ahead and stop you right there, i am fully aware the difference of a business day and a regular day. the fact remains you have my junk in your shop for 7 "real person" days and 5 business days, it should be completed and ready to be picked up today... thats it.

I dont know shit about computers (but apparently i know how to get viruses on them) but i do know something about customer service and while im sure your doing great servicing a niche market of customers your doing a shit piss poor job at executing it to your customer's full satisfaction. Dont make deadlines if you cant meet them. If you have to tell a customer 3-6 business days then do so! If you dont want to do that then its time to log in some weekend hours to make sure you can meet your deadlines, simple as that.

/rant

Most infections people get nowadays fuck with two things...

They remove your icons, program list, start menu links and stop you from using task manager, and make a scheduled task to run a program that pops up to try to get money from you.

The second thing it will do is download and replicate it self into your local and sometimes roaming folder in app data which is in the user profile.

Ive also been seeing a lot of infections that attack the MBR (master boot record), which is an easy fix, but easily forgettable when you can't find anything else but the computer still runs like shit.

Next time you fuck your computer up, ask someone on here to fix it. Plain and simple.

dude bring it to me and we'll fix it. viruses are not super complicated unless you have some super batshit polymorphic stuxnet rootkit type bastard. i feel for people who pay too much for this remediation.

They quoted me $169, i hate not being a geek. But all the shit i tried still didnt work. Shit i dont even have anything on it, just MS office and all my itunes junk. Unfortunatly they have my computer and i cant get it back. When i explained what it was doing the guy knew exactly what was wrong with it so im going to guess its a pretty common virus that they've dealt with before.

Most infections people get nowadays fuck with two things...

They remove your icons, program list, start menu links and stop you from using task manager, and make a scheduled task to run a program that pops up to try to get money from you.

The second thing it will do is download and replicate it self into your local and sometimes roaming folder in app data which is in the user profile.

Ive also been seeing a lot of infections that attack the MBR (master boot record), which is an easy fix, but easily forgettable when you can't find anything else but the computer still runs like shit.

Next time you fuck your computer up, ask someone on here to fix it. Plain and simple.

thats it. but apparently the antivirus stuff i had, even when updated, couldnt erase it or fix the problem.

Ryan,

If you ever have any questions about your computer, need any upgrades or repairs done, hit me up. Also, 5 business days is a lot for that repair. If our store really wanted to, we could have that done in a day usually but we also test all the HW which typically takes 8-10 hours. Soo

Ryan,

If you ever have any questions about your computer, need any upgrades or repairs done, hit me up. Also, 5 business days is a lot for that repair. If our store really wanted to, we could have that done in a day usually but we also test all the HW which typically takes 8-10 hours. Soo

Thats exactly my point, when i was working at JPMChase my SLA was 14 business days but realistically i could turn it around in 2. Always tell the customer more than is needed. This keeps their expectations manageable and gives you time to satisfy their needs as well as every other customer.

I work with him :lolguy:

what do they pay you queers there? Do you have any certifications? What type of work do you do on a daily basis?

I dont make shit where im at now, and i'm sure i could make more elsewhere.

what do they pay you queers there? Do you have any certifications? What type of work do you do on a daily basis?

I dont make shit where im at now, and i'm sure i could make more elsewhere.

NO

You don't want to...trust me. :lolguy:

I have no certs but there literally isn't anything i can't do besides rebelling, and trace/cap repair.