Earth Wars

wagner

What exactly do you think that current wars are being fought over? How about a significant portion of wars in the past?

Resources, whatever specific name they go by, are, next to cultural belief, the most common thing people get violent about. Nothing about this is new...AT ALL.

What exactly do you think that current wars are being fought over? How about a significant portion of wars in the past?

Resources, whatever specific name they go by, are, next to cultural belief, the most common thing people get violent about. Nothing about this is new...AT ALL.

I thought we were fighting because some guys parked an airplane into a building?

You are right, there is nothing new about this AT ALL, just thought it would be nice to make people think.

I thought we were fighting because some guys parked an airplane into a building?

You are right, there is nothing new about this AT ALL, just thought it would be nice to make people think.

Airplane is just a side affect of spreading democracy. Carry on old chaps.

Airplane is just a side affect of spreading democracy. Carry on old chaps.

Doesn't democracy come from within a society, not get "spread" or forced upon them?

It "worked" here because we as a people demanded it. If the people elswhere don't want it bad enough or in great enough #'s to make it happen, then who are we to tell them its in their best interest?

I don't see how Airplanes in buildings would be because we are "spreading" democracy. More likely just the fact that not everyone can like someone or some entity, and that particular group may have had the smarts to pull off a stunt like that letting us know they don't like us.

Not trying to start heated argument or anything, just tossing out a point of view that may or may not be wrong.

Doesn't democracy come from within a society, not get "spread" or forced upon them?

It "worked" here because we as a people demanded it. If the people elswhere don't want it bad enough or in great enough #'s to make it happen, then who are we to tell them its in their best interest?

I don't see how Airplanes in buildings would be because we are "spreading" democracy. More likely just the fact that not everyone can like someone or some entity, and that particular group may have had the smarts to pull off a stunt like that letting us know they don't like us.

Not trying to start heated argument or anything, just tossing out a point of view that may or may not be wrong.

Here is my personal opinion. There is no true democracy in the world. Humans haven't evolved enough to overlook greed. I was using dark humor in my previous post. USA likes to turn other countries into a democracy because we feel it is the best for everyone. Some people don't like that and inflict damage on us. We know this and allow it to happen so we can rally more Americans to the cause of spreading democracy. The same thing happened after 9/11 that happened right after Pearl Harbor, the lines to the recruitment office for the service was at an all time high. Also many people became angry so retaliation seem to be okay for the masses. I haven't read anything official about 9/11 but I have about Pearl Harbor. We knew a few days before that Japan was going to attack. We knew they had a massive navy fleet as well. We let it happen. Just another casualty for the cause. Too bad I can't do a damn thing about it but complain :(

Here is my personal opinion. There is no true democracy in the world. Humans haven't evolved enough to overlook greed. I was using dark humor in my previous post. USA likes to turn other countries into a democracy because we feel it is the best for everyone. Some people don't like that and inflict damage on us. We know this and allow it to happen so we can rally more Americans to the cause of spreading democracy. The same thing happened after 9/11 that happened right after Pearl Harbor, the lines to the recruitment office for the service was at an all time high. Also many people became angry so retaliation seem to be okay for the masses. I haven't read anything official about 9/11 but I have about Pearl Harbor. We knew a few days before that Japan was going to attack. We knew they had a massive navy fleet as well. We let it happen. Just another casualty for the cause. Too bad I can't do a damn thing about it but complain :(

I would agree with that opinion ;)

On anothr note, I just think it's hilarious that China is hoarding it's own resources ha ha. I just accept I will be living in a makeshift cabin living off the land someday in the near future which allows me to laugh at China sticking it to us and the rest of the world. Probably not very "American" of me to think my own nation is getting a taste of it's own "we need to control the world" medicine, but I do recognize the fact that I am fortunate enough to live in a country where I CAN think it's funny and hopefully not be retaliated against by the powers that be...but who knows, maybe CIA will be at my house today when I get home...

I would agree with that opinion ;)

maybe CIA will be at my house today when I get home...

Greed. Money grubbing hoebags. Until everything in this country with the exception of hurting others is "legal" we will never be totally free. America land of the free? Free to the power of people in uniform... :mad: