TX2K12 Experience

dover

I'll start from the beginning..

Drive down: Chris couldn't link up with us the day we were planning on leaving so we set it up to meet him down there. That left me an Anthony the task of driving 20+ hours. We left around 2pm and hauled ass through the first couple states. We didn't run into sleep trouble probably till 2-3 in the morning when we had to break to catch a couple ZzZ's. Overall the drive was pretty miserable with two people and the damn trailer swaying like a bitch. We made it to the Omni roughly at 10am Thursday. We checked in and passed out. The people working at the Omni are awesome. They helped us out with getting the trailer and truck in a secured (fence w/ razor wire and 24 hour security) and getting us a better room as well. A+ hotel, super nice, the hotel staff is very lenient towards the crowds.

Thursday Night: Anthony and I find ourselves a good spot in the garage. Sure as shit we get allot of attention from all the nut swingers of certain people notoriously affiliated with TX2K. Any who I get called out by a UGR car and people are jumping through hoops to find out where I was to get me to there other spot. Finally we link up and roll out to this place around 11. Pulling into this lot was like a wet dream. We see 10+ Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Porsche's, Ford GT's, Supra's, etc. Absolutely the coolest thing I have ever seen. We get to meet a few of the guys driving these things and the guy who hosts the spot. All these guys are pretty down to earth. Finally we get out on the road. What a mess.. We have cars getting off at multiple freeway exits so I just follow a UGR car with about 10 go-pros on it. We finally make it out to the "track" they use. I line up with one of the UGR cars in the left lane (My go pro was facing the wrong direction for this race). We slow down to 40ish and he gets the hit. Soon as we take off he is about 1/2 car but not going anywhere, then boom another UGR car pulls in front of me and I let out. Second time we line up I get on the right side this time, clear as day all the way down. We take off, I stay a car behind by 4th, then extends probably to 2 cars by the time I hit 6th and let out. After getting lost and finally making our way back I find the car I had raced. It turned out to be JC from up north. What an absolutely nice guy to talk to. We bullshited for a few and then me an Anthony hung out around the spot for another hour or two. We left around 2 am since we were running on about 4 hours of sleep.

Friday: Dyno day was epic. So many nasty cars there. Lucky enough to see the Venom GT as well. Barry Maguire (sp?) was shooting a promo with John Hennessy as well. We stayed from 9am to about 3pm (event continued to 5pm). Frankenstein's Night meet was absolutely insane. Well over 5,000 people there. Police everywhere, and I thought our ricers were bad here! Shit got ridiculous when the kid was arrested and people threw shit at the cops. Didn't even bother trying to get close enough to the Bikini contest as there was 1000 people hoarding the stage. We chilled at the hotel in the garage basically till 4am and couldn't get a hole of single person associated with the fast group. Guess they were done racing bikes at this point. I figure since this was our first year and we didn't know allot of people and vise versa they opted not to extend an invite to us noobies. It's all good though next year will be better as I have gotten to know allot of new people.

Saturday: Bullshited all day, went to Houston Galleria and chilled. Saturday night got in touch with JC and met all the guys over at the spot to hopefully get some runs with the big dogs. Prior to all of that we were siphoning fuel out of my gas tank when the damn end of it fell in the tank. So I had 6" piece of plastic tube chilling in the tank. We tore it apart right there in the parking lot and had to dump out 5 gallons of gas but got the bitch out. We then filled her up with C16. Made it out to the spot around 11. Hung out talked with a few people. Then it was time to roll, this time we made sure to stay with all the big dogs. Sure enough we roll into a parking lot and have a drivers meeting with about 10 of the baddest cars in the country. Came down to it they didn't want bikes out. Can't say I wasn't disappointed to say the least, but I didn't want to piss of the people who basically ran this side of TX2k. So we went back to the spot with our tails between our legs and waited 3 hours to see if anyone else would go back out. Nope. So we went back to the hotel around 4 with nothing getting done. I hope next year we can get more stuff off. I plan to race in there track event as well.

Sunday: Drove back left around one and made it back around 9am Monday. Drive back wasn't as bad as we had master driver Chris Lane hauling ass for 12 hours straight lol.

Overall: Great event, pretty organized. Had a great time met allot of cool people and saw the sickest cars on the planet. If you think you are fast you are wrong, because there was always something faster down there. It's definitely event that gets better after years of going and getting to know more and more people. I plan to continue to keep contact with the friends I made down there so next year will be even crazier. I'd like to see a group head down from C-Bus next year as well. You don't need a 1000hp car or 250hp bike to have fun. They pretty much have classes for everything down there. From 400+ cars to 1500+ cars.

Edited by Dover

Dover, thanks for posting this up - good read.

So, why didn't they want bikes out on that Saturday - did they say?

Also, by JC, I assume you mean Jamie? What car did he have out?

I am not sure why they didn't want bikes but I assume it's for safety reasons. If you watch the SW vs. SeaFish video both those cars get pretty squirly during runs. But I really wanted to race all those guys. Maybe next year.

Jamie had his Stage I ® TTG Superleggera out. Pure SEX.

fags lol, glad to know the slow cars are welcome as well. im just glad you arnt dead, we were taking over/ unders on you.... i lost :lol:

Thanks dick, lol

Any big money races happen?

These guys have so much money that races are usually for a signed dollar. I kid you not people have them taped in there back windows. Absolutely hilarious, and quite ingenious.

so you hauled your shit there and didnt even run?

If you'd had read, I raced a Stage I ® TTG.

Edited by Dover

These guys have so much money that races are usually for a signed dollar. I kid you not people have them taped in there back windows. Absolutely hilarious, and quite ingenious.

Ballin' Eddie Murphy/Dan Ackroyd style. Trading Places kids. Sheesh.

Dover, sounds like a good time. Pics or vids?

-Marc

Ballin' Eddie Murphy/Dan Ackroyd style. Trading Places kids. Sheesh.

Dover, sounds like a good time. Pics or vids?

-Marc

I had a go-pro on my bike that was put on there by someone at the event, hope the video gets out there soon.

Dover,

It was nice to finally meet you. Pretty ironic that the turbo bike everyone was talking about that night was yours. I wish I knew it was you riding before we left and we could have better set up a run - I didn't have any clue what bike was next to me and KC and I were wondering if it was stock or modded before we hit it. :) Kevin told me they are getting close to releasing a video of some of the runs form the weekend, so hope that run is included.

Yes, this year seemed more chaotic than past years for some reason. Maybe due to the crowds, maybe due to egos. We used to run for 3 straight hours every night from 1-4am, and 'might' have had a handheld camera. I remember bringing down my Z06 and going through 3 bottles on the feeder roads before even getting to the highway runs. Now, with so much riding on who wins and loses, it's a pretty different scene. With some of the cars as fast as they are, the days of running around in bigger packs and lining up random roll-ons is gone.

Pretty sure Jamie's car is a Stage I R, he can confirm though. Sounds like it was a blast down there.

Correct. The 'stages' are a bit confusing. But basically an R includes a built head, a built driveline, and a Tilton so that you can turn the boost up. Stage 2 R builds swap the 67's for 71's. There are no cars running 71's at the moment - boost recovery is poor and you have to rev them to 9k - which creates problems. There are no running stage 3 R builds other than a dyno graph showing what a 76 set-up could do. Most UR cars run a stock clutch and can turn boost up to 1200, sometimes 1300, before it starts to slip.

Dover, I tried to come say hello at the Night meet but Alex said I just missed you guys. Not to mention it was getting late (I had my daughter out) and I had to get up at 4am for work. Maybe next time we can get together. How much power does your bike make?

Jamie, I'm working on getting my bike finished so hopefully I can come play at some of the runway events (IF they decide to let bikes in). If not, maybe we can get something going at the Texas Mile or one of the other events if you are interested? I'm really curious what kind of bike it takes to run with a UGR Gallardo on "kill". ;)

Dover, I tried to come say hello at the Night meet but Alex said I just missed you guys. Not to mention it was getting late (I had my daughter out) and I had to get up at 4am for work. Maybe next time we can get together. How much power does your bike make?

Jamie, I'm working on getting my bike finished so hopefully I can come play at some of the runway events (IF they decide to let bikes in). If not, maybe we can get something going at the Texas Mile or one of the other events if you are interested? I'm really curious what kind of bike it takes to run with a UGR Gallardo on "kill". ;)

Sure, I'll run you in Dallas if you want after we finish the airfield roll on race. Either out on the highway or I'll see if Amar is ok doing an 'expo' run after the street king event is over.

Sounds like a blast, I was so pissed I was there a week earlier, I stayed at the westin at galleria and that mall is nuts, I thought the apple store here had a shit ton of people working at once, go there, I walked in on a Thursday at 4 pm and they had no less then 30+ people working. I would definitely like to go next year just to knock it off the bucket list. Nice write up Dover

Dover,

It was nice to finally meet you. Pretty ironic that the turbo bike everyone was talking about that night was yours. I wish I knew it was you riding before we left and we could have better set up a run - I didn't have any clue what bike was next to me and KC and I were wondering if it was stock or modded before we hit it. :) Kevin told me they are getting close to releasing a video of some of the runs form the weekend, so hope that run is included.

Yes, this year seemed more chaotic than past years for some reason. Maybe due to the crowds, maybe due to egos. We used to run for 3 straight hours every night from 1-4am, and 'might' have had a handheld camera. I remember bringing down my Z06 and going through 3 bottles on the feeder roads before even getting to the highway runs. Now, with so much riding on who wins and loses, it's a pretty different scene. With some of the cars as fast as they are, the days of running around in bigger packs and lining up random roll-ons is gone.

That was a ton of fun, I hope we can all link up again next year. Hopefully I can have my bike dialed in for the event, we just got it together the Monday before the event.

I completely agree that the racing has taken a turn for the egos though. It seems that all the big cars are so worried about the stigma of beating one another on video that it defeats the fun in just going out to race. None of the other UGR cars would race me, hell I sat next to SW's car for half the freeway and he would take off as soon as I got next to him..? Ah well hopefully next year we can eliminate this need for 20 cameras to race and just go out for some fun runs. It was great hearing your car go by, literally that was my only goal of TX2K12. Thanks again for hanging out and the runs!

Josh, Alex told me we had just missed you. Sorry about that man we were all over the place those couple days. Hopefully we can all link up next year for some fun. My bike made 237whp on DTM dyno @ 9700rpm. We didn't make a full pull as we were having issues with the damn MPS Kill Box.

I only saw you once Jamie and that was friday morning getting out of the elevator in the lobby when you was going to breakfast.

This in my opinion was epic. I had a blast and wish we was still there. Ya master driver me till my eyes started shutting after Nashville lol I was a zombie and had to have someone take over.