1400whp GT5588 Supra vs. 2 1500whp UR Stage 1 R Lambos

ohioko4s4

UR has a 3 year track record with over a 100 cars built and was #2 to market. They have moved far beyond 'first mover advantage'. There have been multiple companies that have tried to 'out build' UR but all have failed or been put on hold. There is no question the engineering can be improved upon (especially IC efficiency and Kevin knows that), but at this point, everything works ok and there isn't a need. These builds aren't complex, but take quite a bit of time to source the correct parts - many pieces which UR has an exclusive. If I owed a shop, I'd be thinking the same thing - this isn't rocket science. No question Switzer could do a killer job on a Gallardo if he had a 12-18 month R&D time and budget. But the fact is UR has such an aggressive marketing platform on top of loyal customers that it is a very hard market to break into with success.

There has been lots of shit talking around IPS's Murci build and how they are going to take it to UR. I wish David the best. There is a reason why UR has only built a few cars on that dated platform. They'll find out soon enough.

Good info, I had no idea. I thought that the high end market like this was smaller and more specialized.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie, I can remember vids from your Supra (specifically the race out in Arizona with that other Supra). I remember thinking that was about as fast as I had ever seen a car go on the street. However, I'm thinking that your Lambo takes it to a whole new level. What's your take? Is the Lambo faster than the Supra on the street and, if so, how much faster? What's the 'seat of your pants' feel for the two?

Jamie, I can remember vids from your Supra (specifically the race out in Arizona with that other Supra). I remember thinking that was about as fast as I had ever seen a car go on the street. However, I'm thinking that your Lambo takes it to a whole new level. What's your take? Is the Lambo faster than the Supra on the street and, if so, how much faster? What's the 'seat of your pants' feel for the two?

The Silver Supra I ran in TX would have but a bus length on my old Supra. I was making 1200 back then and the Silver Supra makes 1400. The technology is much better now, so the billet 5588 spools faster than my old journal bearing 4780 and still makes more top end. There really isn't anymore power you can put down on that set-up. Remember, Tag would only run us from a 75 roll at his perfect 5300 rpm with a spool up shot. If we went from 40, or even 60, it would have been much worse. As much as I love Supras, a properly built GTR making 1300 would beat that Silver Supra 4 out of 5 times and do it from any speed.

I'm running the AMS shop drag car next month in Dallas and that car 'should' beat my Gallardo from a 60 roll. So should be really interesting.

The Silver Supra I ran in TX would have but a bus length on my old Supra. I was making 1200 back then and the Silver Supra makes 1400. The technology is much better now, so the billet 5588 spools faster than my old journal bearing 4780 and still makes more top end. There really isn't anymore power you can put down on that set-up. Remember, Tag would only run us from a 75 roll at his perfect 5300 rpm with a spool up shot. If we went from 40, or even 60, it would have been much worse. As much as I love Supras, a properly built GTR making 1300 would beat that Silver Supra 4 out of 5 times and do it from any speed.

I'm running the AMS shop drag car next month in Dallas and that car 'should' beat my Gallardo from a 60 roll. So should be really interesting.

:eek:

Blows my mind... is this the end of the Supra as the king of the streets? There's just no way a Supra can put down all that power to the rear wheels to even come close to being competitive with a AWD monster of the lambos.

Damn, that is crazy. That Silver Supra didn't even look like it was racing at times.

So what is the AMS shop drag car?

And I don't know much about the Stages for URG's Lambos - is the Stage 1 the best (like in the most HP, etc.)? Because I'm having a hard time believing there's like a Stage 3 or something that is somehow better/faster :lol:

There's just no way a Supra can put down all that power to the rear wheels to even come close to being competitive with a AWD monster of the lambos.

Which is nuts when you think that, back five years ago or so, the Corvette guys, etc. were saying that the Supra had an inherent advantage because it was more easily able to plant their power to the pavement and hook on the street.

Yeah, I'd think now it's imperative for you to have AWD to even be in the mix with those power levels.

Which is nuts when you think that, back five years ago or so, the Corvette guys, etc. were saying that the Supra had an inherent advantage because it was more easily able to plant their power to the pavement and hook on the street.

Yeah, I'd think now it's imperative for you to have AWD to even be in the mix with those power levels.

It's mind numbing to be honest. Like you said, it didn't even look like the silver supra was moving- we're sitting here watching 1300-1400hp cars, not 300hp vs 600hp.

At this point, I honestly couldn't even think what aside from a lambo, what car would even have a stand against the Lambos at that power level.

We're not going to run the Ohio Mile - the Maxton rule package is too prohibitive. I'm not even sure my 25.5 drag Supra would pass tech....

The AMS drag car trapped 173.x in difficult conditions Sunday. To put it perspective, I only trapped 188 - granted we pulled a lot of power out to keep it on the track - but that AMS car will trap damn near 180 when it's fully turned up on a perfect track. It should be a great race in Dallas next month, but the winner will most likely have dialed in just the right enough boost to keep it planted on the runway. So I imagine the loser will complain that they 'had alot left on the table'.

My SL is as powerful as UR can build on 67's. A stage 2 R swaps in 71's, but boost recovery is poor and you have to spin near 9k, so it's still an unproven 'street' package. No customer cars have been delivered yet with 71's.

We're not going to run the Ohio Mile - the Maxton rule package is too prohibitive. I'm not even sure my 25.5 drag Supra would pass tech....

The AMS drag car trapped 173.x in difficult conditions Sunday. To put it perspective, I only trapped 188 - granted we pulled a lot of power out to keep it on the track - but that AMS car will trap damn near 180 when it's fully turned up on a perfect track. It should be a great race in Dallas next month, but the winner will most likely have dialed in just the right enough boost to keep it planted on the runway. So I imagine the loser will complain that they 'had alot left on the table'.

My SL is as powerful as UR can build on 67's. A stage 2 R swaps in 71's, but boost recovery is poor and you have to spin near 9k, so it's still an unproven 'street' package. No customer cars have been delivered yet with 71's.

Are you (or UG) running any alcohol based fuel setups?

:eek:

Blows my mind... is this the end of the Supra as the king of the streets? There's just no way a Supra can put down all that power to the rear wheels to even come close to being competitive with a AWD monster of the lambos.

I would think a high boost 4.5 1fz matted to a th400 in a Supra could level the playing field.

I would think a high boost 4.5 1fz matted to a th400 in a Supra could level the playing field.

No it wouldn't - only so much you can put down on the road through a front engine rwd car - and more torque would just make it worse.

It's difficult to comprehend just how fast those cars are.

You know, when I had my Colt, there was only ONE car that beat me-that made me feel like the car was hurt (it actually did have a broken TB, but I still would have lost)- and it was Jamie's black Supra. I figured that is the fastest a car could go and still hook. And in 2006, it was.

Then-I go 9.6@150 on my Busa- think thats pretty good. Was able to stay ahead of the GTR, but when I was with the Lambo/Hornet-I had to check myself. Again, I though my bike was hurt-he left me like I literally was not in it. I WAS 100% WOT the full run to 200mph. To this day I still watch that video-and it does not make sense-and I was on the fucking bike!

Its whacky. And I can all but guarantee-there is nothing that can maintain the street manners of this thing- and be that fast. Nothing. AMS may have a *chance* in the GTR with the perfect day, and the perfect conditions, but that thing is a shop pony race car- and this lambo at the end of the day is a turn key DD.

But I guarantee no one else has the "Jamie" package. One thing I have learned from racing him for the past 8 years is he always has a litle more than the next guy. Always!

Following your link, I couldn't get the vid to play. But from it I was able to find it on YouTube:

And now I remember seeing it. Yeah, wow, looked like JP was sitting still. :eek:

Also, is it me, or do the UGR Lambos have a tendency to "drift" across lanes when they are WOT at those higher speeds? Like the wind/speed is causing them to "lift" a bit. Reminds me of how my Corvette would do at 180-ish; can't imagine what that effect would be in the URG Lambos, lol.

Following your link, I couldn't get the vid to play. But from it I was able to find it on YouTube:

And now I remember seeing it. Yeah, wow, looked like JP was sitting still. :eek:

Also, is it me, or do the UGR Lambos have a tendency to "drift" across lanes when they are WOT at those higher speeds? Like the wind/speed is causing them to "lift" a bit. Reminds me of how my Corvette would do at 180-ish; can't imagine what that effect would be in the URG Lambos, lol.

The drifting you see in the above video is him spinning all 4. You cant hear it on the video because of the the AMC but I could clearly hear and see it first person. From the on-board- it seems to level out in 4th and 5th

Jamie I just realized you walked everyone on the street, and on the track! good fucking work.

Thanks JP. The drag day was a bit of a cluster fuck as the track wouldn't hook, so we put our larger tires on and pulled a bunch of power out - and still had to lift every pass. Unusual for Lonestar, but the track was seeping water all day.

Once I hit 4th it hooks good on the highway. It may appear I'm drifting, but the car is rock solid. I was looking for the camera truck sitting in median and wanted to split lanes to give myself as much room as possible.

I'm getting too old for this street stuff - doubt I'll be doing it much longer. :)