the Trayvon Martin case

copperhead

Not that it matters, but who the fuck wears a hoodie in FL this time of year? When i was there a month ago, it was low 80s during the day and low-mid 70s at night.

You must of never lived in a hot climate for a long period of time...

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you even know that was in fact the black kid screaming?!!!!!

Anything anyone says about this case is PURE speculation lol how can you say you want "justice" when your form of justice is so god damn lopsided?! I don't understand this country.

Fer real? Seems all you do is post useless/dumb shit from what I've seen. Once again...spot on.

Act like whatever....

Cop got what he deserved and will get it again in the end.

What was useless? Your reply you must be referring to. I didnt see you dispute one claim of mine. Come back lil fella when you can dispute something rather than just saying my post is useless.

What was useless? Your reply you must be referring to. I didnt see you dispute one claim of mine. Come back lil fella when you can dispute something rather than just saying my post is useless.

Be Spam. Turn every thread into an ebattle.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

This paints a different picture than what I had been reading before. Now I'm not so sure who is at fault. He says he turned around and was heading back when he was attacked by Martin, that to me flips the aggressor to Martin since Zimmerman was retreating.

Fer real? Seems all you do is post useless/dumb shit from what I've seen. Once again...spot on.

Act like whatever....

Cop got what he deserved and will get it again in the end.

Who's a cop and what does he deserve? Explain for clarification please.

I just saw an interview with a friend of Zimmerman who is black. This guy said Zimmerman and his wife tutor minority children, black included, on their own time without asking to be paid. This guy's known Zimmerman for 6 years and said Zimmerman is definitely not a racist. ... the picture of what really went down is starting to change drastically.

IMO the whole race issue here is bullshit and an attempt to escalate issues blacks in the area have with the police and they are using the way they handled the shooter to amplify their beef. From what is coming out, the screams for help were from Zimmerman not the kid.

Zimmerman was likely frustrated with the crime in the area, a little out-there in terms of playing the self appointed neighborhood patrolman, but if turns out that the kids attacked him as has been described then he got what was coming to him and long live the right to defend ones self. Armed or not, if the kid was beating him while on the ground, I say firing a gun into his chest was reasonable means to defend ones self.

Does anyone else think it's ironic they keep showing the kid smiling and acting all innocent and nice and then the orange jumpsuit image of the shooter? How about they show Zimmerman smiling and the kid in a hoodie just once. Such bullshit goes both ways. Then you have the kids family trying to say the police are posturing the kids possession of weed. Hmmm....sounds to me like he made his own reputation. I'd like to hear more about it too.

It will be interesting to see why such a story seems to have created such a wave in the news given it's one of many stories just like it that happen every day.

Edited by TTQ B4U

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

This paints a different picture than what I had been reading before. Now I'm not so sure who is at fault. He says he turned around and was heading back when he was attacked by Martin, that to me flips the aggressor to Martin since Zimmerman was retreating.

I'm not taking that as stone proof either, but I still think it goes back to one person's word against a dead person's word as far as what exactly happened between Zimmerman calling 911 and gunshots being fired. Would be nice if a witness, if any, would come forward already. I think it's becoming more and more evident that the exact details of what happened during this timeframe will determine the case one way or the other.

And +1 for everything Tim said.

I'm not taking that as stone proof either, but I still think it goes back to one person's word against a dead person's word as far as what exactly happened between Zimmerman calling 911 and gunshots being fired. Would be nice if a witness, if any, would come forward already. I think it's becoming more and more evident that the exact details of what happened during this timeframe will determine the case one way or the other.

And +1 for everything Tim said.

A witness did come forward and is apparently going to say the voice screaming for help during the 911 call above was Zimmerman's.

Also reminds me of this story http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations

Of course Sharpton, Jackson, and the like will never apologize accusing an innocent guy without knowing all the facts.

I predict that there will be no conviction, because Zimmerman has a plausible defense given the lack of witnesses and physical evidence. That said, fuck that guy. Kid was walking home with a bag of skittles and ended up dead. Anything that happened in between was Zimmerman's fault for sticking his trigger-happy nose where it didn't belong. If he had just minded his own business, there'd be one less dead person. If he hadn't been armed, there'd be one less dead person. Legally he may have a valid defense, but it pisses me off that someone can initiate a confrontation and then shoot their way out of it when things get too real for them.

That said, fuck that guy. Kid was walking home with a bag of skittles and ended up dead. Anything that happened in between was Zimmerman's fault for sticking his trigger-happy nose where it didn't belong. If he had just minded his own business, there'd be one less dead person. If he hadn't been armed, there'd be one less dead person. Legally he may have a valid defense, but it pisses me off that someone can initiate a confrontation and then shoot their way out of it when things get too real for them.

Perhaps but so much is based on what we are hearing/reading but yet to be proven. A kid walking home with a bag of skittles in your eyes is a suspicious person to Zimmerman, thus was his nose in business that was perhaps his? It's a gated community and he felt the kid was out of place or suspicious. Sounds like he felt it was a justified exchange. Of course we all have opinions.

Sure, if he had done nothing the kid wouldn't be dead. Just the same, if the kid wouldn't have beaten Zimmerman's ass he wouldn't be dead as a result of a self defensive gun shot by a legal CCW holder. I mean the fact that the situation escalated to a point where he needed to fire doesn't make Zimmerman guilty. As you put it the situation got "too real" for him. Isn't that perhaps why he carried? Hey, I have a CCW and walk armed quite a bit. Just because a guy attacking me isn't armed with a knife or a gun doesn't mean I can shoot his ass if I'm in fear for my life and being beaten while on the ground.

It's a gated community and he felt the kid was out of place or suspicious.

And he was wrong. Wrong wrong wrongity wrong. That's all I care about. I'm sick of innocent people getting killed when people get it wrong. Oops! I thought he was suspicious! Ends up he wasn't! My bad! Slap my wrist and I'll be on my way!

I don't know what charges I'd even want brought against the guy, but my internal justice alarm wants to see people punished when they get it so god-awfully wrong.

And he was wrong. Wrong wrong wrongity wrong. That's all I care about. I'm sick of innocent people getting killed when people get it wrong.

Ok, so he was incorrect in his initial assumption about a kid in a hoodie. However, what role/responsibility did the kid have in the matter? Did being confonted provide him a right to beat someone? Zimmerman didn't just pull out the gun and cap his ass. There was obviously a fight and last I read he has a broken nose. Somehow being wrong doesn't justify being attacked. In the end Martin was more wrong as he caused his own death by putting someone with a gun in fear for their life. Zimmerman didn't bring that situation upon himself.

Ok, so he was incorrect in his initial assumption about a kid in a hoodie. However, what role/responsibility did the kid have in the matter? Did being confonted provide him a right to beat someone? Zimmerman didn't just pull out the gun and cap his ass. There was obviously a fight and last I read he has a broken nose. Somehow being wrong doesn't justify being attacked. In the end Martin was more wrong as he caused his own death by putting someone with a gun in fear for their life. Zimmerman didn't bring that situation upon himself.

Like you said upthread, so much is based on what we've read and has yet to be proven. "There was obviously a fight" is speculation at this point. You read he had a broken nose, but that's also speculation at this point. You're assuming that Martin caused Zimmerman to fear for his life, which is taking Zimmerman's word that the shooting was self-defense. Speculation.

So, given the facts in evidence, all I know is that Zimmerman confronted a kid who was innocently walking home, and the kid ended up dead. If he hadn't confronted him, or if he hadn't been armed, no dead people. Dude fucked up.

Just like how people shouldn't have vaginas if they didn't want to get raped. You shouldn't let people make you think your life is in danger by following them around late at night when you're twice their size and carrying a gun.