Re-introduction

projectxmatt

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this. I joined a long long time ago and never was very active. Figured I'd reintroduce myself before I just start popping up in threads trying to join the conversations.

I currently have the following cars in my stable.

90 Talon AWD has 23K original miles on the body. I bought it as a shell and have been very slowly putting it back together how I want to.

91 Talon AWD it's the beater "fun" car. Just basic bolt on's exhaust, hard pipes etc.

(both talons are in my sig)

02 BMW 325i this is the regret. Bought this car used and have had the worst luck with it. Had more stuff break on this well maintained car than my beat on Talon's.

98 VW Jetta this is the beater for the beater I guess. Got sick of paying stupid prices on parts for the bmw so bought me a cheap little 2.0L jetta to drive till I can get the BMW fixed to a point where I feel comfortable selling it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the welcomes this is how they are sitting now...

Evo is my buddies...

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430749_10150611188676365_522336364_9366743_1711894329_n.jpg

Thankfully I'm not going to cheap ass the nice talon like a lot of people do. Already have the entire build planned out every piece of the puzzle figured out, now just have to get the new baby to stop sucking all of my money!

Ha yea mismatched wheels were from the previous owner. As for the project talon the plans are as follows...

Buschur 2.3 RPM bottom end

Curt Brown Racing 2g Head

Buschur 2g ported intake manifold

Buschur ported evo throttle body

Forced Performance HTA 3076

STM Turbo Manifold

ETS FMIC

STM Intake

Buschur Brake Booster delete

Evo front and rear brembo's

Meagan coilovers

STM Fuel Feed / Return -6an kit

Dual walbro 255's

FIC 2150's

DSMLink

Custom 3" exhaust

Tubular front cross member

Avid motor mounts

Solid subframe bushings

Adjustable upper and lower rear control arms

RM Sway bars

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff but that's most of it.

Do you have the evo brakes on yet if so how they fit

They aren't on yet, people have put the front ones on with adapter plates, and people put the rears on the 2g's. I haven't seen the rears on a 1g yet but I'm sure someone has done it.

I have the front ones waiting on getting some junk rotors to have Jansen fab me up some brackets.

That's seems like a kinda small turbo for a 2.3 built motor or does that turbo make more power than i think?

It made on a 2.0L 500+ awhp on a mustang dyno. I'm not looking to have a straight line car. I like to auto cross (took 3rd at the dsm shootout last year in my buddies evo, sweet brag!), just as much if not more than drag race.

So the turbo will give me a better range for what I'm looking to do, which is the same reason I'm going with the stoker over the 2.0.

I loved driving my buddy's evo that has a 2.0 w/ HTA 3586 it was just a little too laggy for the autox but that would change with the 2.3L. That's the one thing on my build I keep going back and forth on between the 3076 and the 3586.

I met Jansens at quick rev when he was building his black evo

Oh gotcha, yea the yellow car is his new evo. Nothing too fancy but it's getting some new goodies here in the next week or so.

The red car is actually kind of mine and Jansen's project he bought it, then i took it after the engine he bought for it spun a bearing on start up. Then I decided I didn't want it so basically the engine and the seats in the car are mine, and the shell is his lol.