Wanted: Complete AR Upper in 556

gillbot

I'm in no rush, as my lower is still delayed but i'm looking for a deal on an upper. This is my first build so it most likely won't last after I get it completed and start messing. I'll end up wanting something better so I don't want to drop a lot of dough into it. I may consider other uppers too if the price is right.

Here's the ad, someone will probably score it from under me if it's a good deal but o-well. http://www.armslist.com/posts/346470/meadville-pennsylvania-rifles-for-sale--ar-upper-5-56--223

For sale is an Olympic Arms 5.56mm complete upper with a stainless heavy barrel. The barrel is free-floated with a knurled aluminum hand guard. I had a piece of rail affixed to the bottom of the hand guard for accessories (ghetto grip, flashlight, etc). It probably has less than 40 rounds through it (enough to break it in), and it is in excellent or like-new condition. To sweeten the deal, I'm throwing a dark earth Magpul magazine that's never been used, and two used H&K all steel AR magazines. Asking $525...shipping negotiable.

I asked him if it was firm, he came back with:

The complete upper, the Magpul magazine, and 20 rounds of Wolf ammunition for $475.

I'd say that's a little overpriced honestly. I have a very similar upper I'd be thrilled to get that much out of. I wouldn't pay more than $350 for it personally, but for $400 it wouldn't be TOO bad of a deal.

On a related I have a few uppers I'd be willing to part with.

That's along what I was thinking as well. There are a few online new in the $419 range, stock comes and goes though. The Magpul Mag and Wolf ammo are cheap overall and don't really add much to me. I was thinking of telling him $400-425 for the lot and see what happens. If anything, it would save me the wait and shipping.

I'd say that's a little overpriced honestly. I have a very similar upper I'd be thrilled to get that much out of. I wouldn't pay more than $350 for it personally, but for $400 it wouldn't be TOO bad of a deal.

On a related I have a few uppers I'd be willing to part with.

I agree, I wouldn't pay over 350 for that upper as well.

I agree, I wouldn't pay over 350 for that upper as well.

Problem for me seems to be finding one. Most people snag them up at stupid prices because of high demand and low stock. Most new ones are almost always out of stock and used ones are hard to find. Probably because I just don't know where to look.

With as cheap as the PSA and similar uppers have been getting it's pretty silly to buy anything used unless you get a steal on it. I'd gladly pay an extra $50 for a PSA upper over an Olympic. The mag and ammo might add $15 of value so you're on the right track there.

Your order has been received

Thank you for your purchase!

Your order # is: xxxxxxxxxxx.

You will receive an order confirmation email with details of your order and a link to track its progress.

Click here to print a copy of your order confirmation.

Edited by gillbot

Your order has been received

Thank you for your purchase!

Your order # is: xxxxxxxxxxx.

You will receive an order confirmation email with details of your order and a link to track its progress.

Click here to print a copy of your order confirmation.

nothing happened when i clicked it UGHHH

:lol:

BCM and PSA uppers are the way to go if you are just looking for an cheap upper. If you have the time, just order one and wait. I know Bravo Company gets shipments in all the time, and they fill back orders first. They just pre auth. your CC card and will notify you when the order comes and gives you time to cancel if you don't want the order. They don't ever charge your CC until your order is in and they are ready to ship. That is what I done on a few parts I ordered. I am pretty sure PSA is the same way. It usually takes a week or 2, but no where near as bad as 2009 when ar and ar parts were back ordered for 6month to a year.

I put in the order at PSA so we'll see how that goes. Of course after I pass on the Armslist offers, they start "offering to help" and berating PSA and anyone else. LOL! IDGAS though, as long as it doesn't blow up in my face, it's good enough.

Dude a PSA upper is a big step up from an Olympic if that's the one you're talking about. You're not getting a BCM for anywhere near what a PSA upper is, LOL at BCM being "cheap upper" LOL

Dude a PSA upper is a big step up from an Olympic if that's the one you're talking about. You're not getting a BCM for anywhere near what a PSA upper is, LOL at BCM being "cheap upper" LOL

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-16-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-car-16lw.htm

BCM does make some cheap uppers too. As in Price.