Transfer Case replacement?

zeitgeist57

Buddy's wife drives a 2001 Suburban LT with the 5.3L V8 and push-button 4WD. Firestone at Reed/Henderson says the "transferring case is falling apart" and needs to be replaced for $4k. :eek:

Does anyone know what type of transfer case is in there? He's looking for someone to put in a used/rebuilt one to keep the 'Burban going another 25K+ miles.

Looking for parts sources, as well as someone/shop to do the repair. Thanks!

marshalls auto parts out of circleville has them for $350

http://www.marshallsautoparts.com

had to get a axle from them for the Jeep. Good place to deal with only down side is you have to wait while they pull the part.

did a quick search looks like they may have 2 one @ 90k miles and one @ 104k miles.

It's very easy to get out, and back in. I have had mine out multiple times with all the 60e problems I had. The last time I had to tear it down to replace the input so it would mount up to the 80e. It takes about 20-30 minutes to get it out by myself. It took me 2 hours to take it out, tear it completely down, and put it all back together, not counting reinstalling in the truck(tranny wasn't there yet). A direct swap would be cake.

marshalls auto parts out of circleville has them for $350

http://www.marshallsautoparts.com

had to get a axle from them for the Jeep. Good place to deal with only down side is you have to wait while they pull the part.

did a quick search looks like they may have 2 one @ 90k miles and one @ 104k miles.

Good to know. I emailed my buddy.