Pogie Bait

Nate1647545505

We rolled out to Iraq with m16a2 with iron sights and flak vest only, we got interceptor vest about 6-7 months into are year long deployment. I was Active Duty, stationed at Ft. Campbell, and it looked like some Nam Vet's came off a plane with Desert Cammies, with all of our old stuff. It worked though, as did our 155mm M198

95% of the people at Baghram. M4's? What about the m16a2's with grips, flashlights, and aimpoints.

I love seeing poges with forward grips and Acog. They are so hardcore and ready for the mad ground attack to make it through the wire. I do like a light on the weapon, on base. Outside the wire, I have no use for it and use a hand held, Vs flagging someone with my weapon to get some light on thngs. I don't clear rooms anymore. The A2 is a freaking musket now.

The supply that some company's get vs what there mission is, I just have to shake my head at it these days. Add the mission you have in country being nothing like what soldiers have done in the rear and the additional tasking and schooling needed, that isn't there. Adapt and overcome is getting beat to shit.

We had a fraction of all the high speed shit in OIF 1. M16A4's with iron sights were the norm. I loved having a TA31 when we eventually got them my 2nd trip to Iraq and in Afghanistan. Granted, I think one of the best pieces of equipment was a PEQ-15 and the PEQ-2's. Nothing like using an IR laser to call in Apaches.