Instagram photo export....

Putty

I can't believe Facbook spent 1 Billion dollar on buying Instagram....

+1

It's so worthless. Take picture, apply hipster effect, post on instagram to post on facebook.

Just take a fucking picture and post it on facebook.

Only iPhone users would make such a thing popular :dumb:

+1

It's so worthless. Take picture, apply hipster effect, post on instagram to post on facebook.

Only iPhone users would make such a thing popular :dumb:

Do you have a twitter by chance?

I thought i reread it wrong at first... 1 billion is a lotta dough

1 Billion Dollars for an App, is extremely crazy.

The guy who started it, is said to be getting close to 400 Million Dollars out of the deal, some 27 year old kid.

I would venture to guess Facebook is buying this to kill it eventually. As all great companies do.

The CEO of instagram said its being integrated into Facebook. Lets see what suckerberg can do to ruin it.

Fuck, its easier to make an app and become rich than it is to win the lottery.

The CEO of instagram said its being integrated into Facebook. Lets see what suckerberg can do to ruin it.

Fuck, its easier to make an app and become rich than it is to win the lottery.

I actually just got off the phone with a rep at WildFire and he was telling me how they are right down the street from where Instagram started and how they are a company of 9 people. So go ahead and divide 1 Billion by 9. Profit.

Especially considering the week before there was a reported that it was worth 500Million

What I am missing is how worth is truly valued.

Instagram, has 0 physical assets, it is all IP, and at that, it is IP that is old and has been done countless times over.

How can a company like that be worth 1 Billion Dollars? The company I work for in Alaska is the Incumbent Phone Carrier up here. We have 2 Large Fiber Runs connecting Alaska to the Lower48, and we are only worth $730 Million. They don't even charge for their service. Where does their Revenue come from?

It is back to the .com bubble again on the market.

The worth is what the app has made happen. Seems to me value comes with the level of people you have using a service. Instagram has quickly reached about 30 million downloads and has a great buzz with celebs, the very same way Twitter has. This 30m was mostly iPhone users. Now the app has migrated to Android, the user base is likely to double. Zucker will find a way to incorporate ads of some sort and profit. The company was valued at 500m before the purchase.

+1

:

There's a bit of a difference. Unless your acct is private, I can see what you post and follow you. Facebook requires you to allow me to "follow" you. You can reach a much larger collection of followers or people you follow w/out having that personal connection like on FB.

Personally, I think it's quite genius. As phones develop and cameras are being used more and more on them you get a look at the things people see in their lives, all over the World.