Volvo C70 for wife?

caseyctsv

We were looking for an Eos when I came across what appears to be a great deal on a 2009 Volvo C70. It is a hard top convertible. My wife swore she would never own a Volvo but I talked her into driving one locally. As much as she wanted to hate it, she liked it a lot more than the Eos. Anyone have any experience with these hunks of metal before I drive a couple of hours to pick this one up? I have zero experience with Volvos but my best friend is a Volvo fan boi and swears by them.

They were only available with the 2.5 inline 5 with the low pressure turbo (227 horse). This one is a 5 speed auto.

I daily a 2000 S70 (2.4T) and my parents have a 2004 XC70 (2.5T). Aside from basic maintenance, I've replaced both outer tie rods and the alternator on mine. Now I have to do lower ball joints.

The wagon's had quick struts, a new passenger rear wheel bearing, and now needs a new passenger headlight housings, the driver's rear light housing needs one of the sockets looked at, and the passenger front wheel bearing is loose.

I've put almost 20k on mine (121k to 138k) and they've put 36k on theirs (100k to 136k).

Overall for the mileage we've put on them, they've been great cars. They're comfortable, enough power to have fun with, safe, and reliable.