Dyno'd my Integra tonight

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock ignitions have been proven to make 800+hp with no problems, not to mention I have had nothing but issues out of MSD products on my Honda and my dads. I don't have the 20 year old cap and rotor on the car, those have been replaced. The coil could have been replaced at some point in its 18 year life, not sure. I just know I haven't replaced the coil or ignitor in the last 3 years. Like I said we're gonna try changing the plug gap and see if that fixes the issue. If not then I will look into other options.

BTW where are you finding these crack head prices at lol. Jegs wants $60 just for the damn cap

Nice numbers o-O What do mean by boost issues..was it creep or did you have EBC set and it didn't match what the dyno sheet said. I had my bc set at 15psi and then it hit 27psi;P.

Is the part of the graph that it cuts out at what you think is spark blow out? My graph cuts out at the same spot as yours

the lines in the graph is because the rpm induction clamp didnt pick it up for some reason.

Boost controller just needed some tweeks that sorted out quick. biggest issue was the spark issue (blowout, or possible mechanical issue) that we need diagnosed and will return to finish pump gas. Later this summer it will be on ethanol and he can swap back and forth between pump and E85 tune just by a switch.

Stock ignitions have been proven to make 800+hp with no problems, not to mention I have had nothing but issues out of MSD products on my Honda and my dads. I don't have the 20 year old cap and rotor on the car, those have been replaced. The coil could have been replaced at some point in its 18 year life, not sure. I just know I haven't replaced the coil or ignitor in the last 3 years. Like I said we're gonna try changing the plug gap and see if that fixes the issue. If not then I will look into other options.

BTW where are you finding these crack head prices at lol. Jegs wants $60 just for the damn cap

I agree, MSD is hit or miss, but good for 1k+ on DSM junk (digital).

Look on Honda forums for people doing part outs....I mean hell oyu can get them at Autozone these days!!

Nice numbers Josh. I know with 150 less hp then you I have my plugs gaped down to .020 so I would definitely reduce the gap. What EBC are you running? Once again congrats on the numbers should be a blast to drive. Bet your excited to throw more boost at it shits addicting.

Well I would hope your vette would make more torque lol. It is definitley fun to drive. Took me a couple seconds to get used to the massive torque steer but it was pretty smooth sailing from there.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/teg2-7.jpg

No man, I actually got pulled over last year after pulling out of the car wash where everyone was hanging out at. I made some noise while coming towards a cop and he pulled me over. I explained to him that I was just being an idiot, making some noise for my buddies. Long story short he didn't even notice there wasn't an exhaust on the back of the car. Its honestly quiet if I just cruise (thank you turbo) but boy she gets noisey when I romp into it. It honestly sounds like a crotch rocket.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc84/croz98gt/TORQUE.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc84/croz98gt/1546973765_1baf76811c.jpg

I really hope your friendly with the OP, he seems real cool and the car makes respectable power and there is not really any excuse for being a dick.

No man, I actually got pulled over last year after pulling out of the car wash where everyone was hanging out at. I made some noise while coming towards a cop and he pulled me over. I explained to him that I was just being an idiot, making some noise for my buddies. Long story short he didn't even notice there wasn't an exhaust on the back of the car. Its honestly quiet if I just cruise (thank you turbo) but boy she gets noisey when I romp into it. It honestly sounds like a crotch rocket.

What did you do- ricer rev? 2 step?

Did he give you ticket?

I ask because of time constraints this may be the exhaust option for a quick build

the exhaust is real quiet did tons of street tuning and passed several cops out in newark area and was never pulled over. this also includes the extra 6inch of pipe before he cut it down. saves tons of room under the hood.

Pics? I was talking about of the out the hood mod.

Was also thinking about the addition of a flapper (think Semi) to be a dick, nd ultra quiet idle opperation.

Lmfao dude the idea of a tractor flap has been discussed since I decided to run this exhaust. The cop didn't give me a ticket, told me just that if I wanted to drive like an asshole to take it out to the county roads. He was actually a pretty cool cop considering the situation lol. I didnt 2 step or anything, just did a rolling romp out of 1st gear into 2nd and he happened to be heading towards me...oops!

Heres a pic of it before we cut it down, I dont have any pics of the extender pipe Steve lol

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/20110710190711.jpg

Crawdad is ok, I ran against him last year at IFO in the CR Stock class. Oh BTW,

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/honda-torque.jpg

Took some pics of the car after a nice detailing from my buddy Chris Banks(owner of Attention to Details Mobile Detailing)

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/tysonanddaddy-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/teg-10.jpg

My buddy Andys car went 417whp/320wtrq on the big pods here at the shop. The culprit of the low tq numbers is a large turbo that isnt in its efficiency range yet.

Anyway, congrats Josh! Cant wait to see what you can do this weekend :D

Wish I could be out there, but I just have had too much going on to finish my car. Still need to seal and put the case half on the trans for the final time. Then motor goes in and gotta build myself a new top mount...then Ill be ready to rock!