Dyno'd my Integra tonight

DaddyBuiltRacing

Finally got around to strapping my car on the dyno to tune it. We ran into some issues with the boost controller and spark blowout, but over all I am happy with the power it made. It has a ton of power left inside her that will be unlocked this year.

17psi and pump gas, revving to 8500rpms. Video will be coming soon, waiting on friends to send them to me. Big thanks to Steve Wilson (ef8sirjunkie) for the tune and Dyno Brian (DynoTune Motorsports) for allowing us access to his dyno and dealing with my friends for hours haha.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/Car%20Pics/4dr%20GSR/dyno.jpg

Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing
  • Confused 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha Pham I will be at IFO next sunday. Its a Honda, we make no torque :( haha. The car is one of the heavier chassis as its a 4dr, from the factory they are 2700lbs, I have taken stuff out but then added a roll cage and I weigh 280-290, I need to get it on some scales to see what it does actually weigh.

No fully built head, the whole car is fully built haha. This has been a 3 year build with no corners cut. I took it out tonight for a few highway pulls with some buddies and dear god lol. With 4 people in the car it still moves the fuck out. Gonna keep it parked rest of the week up til next sunday for Import Faceoff. I am a little anxious to see what sort of times it bust off.

Yeah man the clutch is annoyingly loud. It is a Competition Clutch twin, I seriously hate pulling up to redlights due to the chattering. Its kinda funny though having people look over thinking "damn there is something wrong with that car".

Patterson, I am lost for words. Did you really just say that? Haha thanks man!!

I believe we have figured the spark blowout issue out. Gonna gap the plugs down and do a pull to see if it'll rev higher without cutting up. If it does then I am going to go sell sperm so I can get money to put it back on the dyno this week and go for 600 on pump (or as close to it as we can get safely)

Yeah man the clutch is annoyingly loud. It is a Competition Clutch twin, I seriously hate pulling up to redlights due to the chattering. Its kinda funny though having people look over thinking "damn there is something wrong with that car".

Patterson, I am lost for words. Did you really just say that? Haha thanks man!!

I believe we have figured the spark blowout issue out. Gonna gap the plugs down and do a pull to see if it'll rev higher without cutting up. If it does then I am going to go sell sperm so I can get money to put it back on the dyno this week and go for 600 on pump (or as close to it as we can get safely)

I take great pride in making you stand there in amazement. Where are the plugs gapped at now?

E85 will be coming at some time this year. The only issue with it is here in Newark 1 station has it and the next closest is in Pickerington.

They are at .025 right now, but we have been researching and noticing a lot of people starting out at .016 due to issues with plugs at .025-.030

I believe we have figured the spark blowout issue out. Gonna gap the plugs down and do a pull to see if it'll rev higher without cutting up.

SO, step one? :) You should have done that ON the dyno! Always have multiple sets ready to rock.

Last Honda I did we were at .18 with an MSD coil-no issues north of 700whp.

Well the gap on the plugs was .030 or .035 (can't remember off hand) when we started doing pulls. We then noticed the blowout so gapped em down to the .025 and still had the issue. We wasn't sure if it was the gap or a weak coil/ignitor, gotta think this shit has been on here since 1994 so its nearly 20 year old ignition components. I am hoping its just the spark plug gap and we can rev this bitch higher and make some more power, its addicting lol