Cobra Jet Crushing It

wagner

Is it just me, or does the article read like he bought a car off the showroom floor, slapped a blower on it, and ran faster than anything ever in the history of production cars? (Even though it sounds like it's modified pretty heavily if it's running <9sec 1/4)

Is it just me, or does the article read like he bought a car off the showroom floor, slapped a blower on it, and ran faster than anything ever in the history of production cars? (Even though it sounds like it's modified pretty heavily if it's running <9sec 1/4)

You buy them off the showroom floor with the blower no the car. They come from the factory as built race cars, just add C16, bake at 350 for 30mins and go race.

I don't think they are street legal since they have no VIN. Still, they are very impressive cars.

You buy them off the showroom floor with the blower no the car. They come from the factory as built race cars, just add C16, bake at 350 for 30mins and go race.

I don't think they are street legal since they have no VIN. Still, they are very impressive cars.

I see, that's interesting. I have a hard time believing this is "production" any more than the 50 Porsche 917s or GT40s etc. that were built for homologation. Should have been made street legal.

I see, that's interesting. I have a hard time believing this is "production" any more than the 50 Porsche 917s or GT40s etc. that were built for homologation. Should have been made street legal.

This have been doing this since the 60's when you could pick up a MOPAR with acid dipped fenders and a hemi.

Sounds like it is hauling. How much do they cost?

at one point they were $70k on up, depending on how you optioned it out--you could order a bigger blower, competition automatic, etc. without a VIN, its not street legal, and you probably wouldn't get a car loan to buy one. they all start as 'body in white' v6 cars that get built up from there

Yeh these things are crazy.

I'm not 100% sure on the numbers... But I think we can sell them around 70k

The funny thing is I don't order it from Ford Motor Company,... Like every other car we sell. We have to order it through the parts department, as if I were buying a blower from ford racing. Only difference is they deliver an entire car. :lol: